Thread: AD/DA test

Default AD/DA test

Lynn have you or anyone else done a AD/DA test? Have you tested different clock sources? I have a Pro Tools HD Accel system with 1 -192 I/O ( 16 analog ins, 8 analog outs). Do you think I need an external clock? Some say external clocks helps, some say it doesn't. Digidesigns white papers show data that their 192 units have less jitter then Apogee Big Ben, although alot of people sware by Big Bens ( maybe some like more jitter in their sound). I have tried a Big Ben and it sounded o.k., and the 192 by itself sounds o.k. to. They just sound different. I also have talked with Lavry about 4496 Blue units. This is what they suggest I use. And some other says Lucid, Benchmark, etc... So, I thought I would write you as you are known as the comparison guy. Can you help me out please?

pfo is offline Gold Club Member (1000+ posts)

Welcome to the forum.

The "ADC CD" forum you are now posting in was designated as the place to discuss the AD/DA comparison CD that Lynn made, which was cleverly titled "ADCD".

It's available in the store.
    Pete F. Overton

Thanks pfo. I don't see any AD/DA comparison for 192's, Why not?
    I am considering an external clock. Some say yes, some say no. I have tried Big Ben and was wondering about Lavry, Lucid,Benchmark etc...
    Anyone try these with Pro Tools HD and 192's?