Thread: what's on your list?

Default what's on your list?

so what do you want santa to get you?
    www.pan60.com

IF YOU ARE NOT INTO THE 500 FORMAT,
    THEN YOU'RE JUST JEALOUS!

Quote Originally Posted by pan60 View Post
    so what do you want santa to get you?
    Besides.."a new heart and a new spirit:"...

On the realistic side:
    I'd love to have Santa (me ) bring me a simple upgrade of a preamp (no more than @$600) - like the FMR RNP or the Summit Audio 2BA along with an interface upgrade like the RME 9632.

On the impractical and unjustifiable side :
    Great River ME-1NV with the RME 9632 added with an AT 4047.

On the dream side: (assuming I have a rich relative I don't know about)
    Something like a Avalon AD2022 or the Great River MP-2NV or Universal Audio 2-610S and then the Lynx 2 interface with a nice high end mic setup (with mt limited knowledge here) like a nice Neumann Tube with 2 AT 4051's and throw in the UAD-1 Expert Pack for grins.

See - that is not much except my faithful wife and the 9 kids I still have left at home wouldn't understand!

Just wishing but I'll just have to claim Phil 4:19 and go on

God bless
    Last edited by avbunyan; 12-01-2007 at 06:45 PM.
    Mat 11:28 Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.

I sent a letter to the North Pole asking for a pair of Schoeps CMC6's with the MKIV cardiod capsules.

I don't think I will be getting them though.

I've been good, but not THAT good.

Quote Originally Posted by avbunyan View Post
    Besides.."a new heart and a new spirit:"...

On the realistic side:
    I'd love to have Santa (me ) bring me a simple upgrade of a preamp (no more than @$600) - like the FMR RNP or the Summit Audio 2BA along with an interface upgrade like the RME 9632.

On the impractical and unjustifiable side :
    Great River ME-1NV with the RME 9632 added with an AT 4047.

On the dream side: (assuming I have a rich relative I don't know about)
    Something like a Avalon AD2022 or the Great River MP-2NV or Universal Audio 2-610S and then the Lynx 2 interface with a nice high end mic setup (with mt limited knowledge here) like a nice Neumann Tube with 2 AT 4051's and throw in the UAD-1 Expert Pack for grins.

See - that is not much except my faithful wife and the 9 kids I still have left at home wouldn't understand!

Just wishing but I'll just have to claim Phil 4:19 and go on

God bless
    you need to look into the 500 format!
    you can get some killer, killer pres that utilize a small foot print, and this is the best time to get into this format.
    look into it!
    i some some reviews here on this site or check out my web.
    www.pan60.com

santa also is taken me into the 500 series format.
    I am looking at a purple audio sweet ten and the avedis audio ma5 preamp.
    rsp
    richard sven
    sound sculptist

you need to look into the 500 format!
    you can get some killer, killer pres that utilize a small foot print, and this is the best time to get into this format. look into it! i some some reviews here on this site or check out my web.
    OK - I'm open-minded - Any particular one or two you recommend?

Doesn't one need the rack and PS to be able to use and won't this add to the price for ex. the Great River MP-500NV at $750 plus the rack and PS if needed or is the PS in the rack? At any rate doesn't it get close to the cost of a MP-1N? Just curious.

My above question was answered at the GR site - "This unit is designed to fit into a '500' series rack using 2 available slots. It receives its power supply from the host rack." Now I'll research the price of the rack.

I'll check out your site - Thanks

God bless
    Last edited by avbunyan; 12-01-2007 at 11:06 PM.
    Mat 11:28 Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.

Corey is offline Gold Club Member (1000+ posts)

A modicum of enlightenment for all the folks who cannot see beyond themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by avbunyan View Post
    OK - I'm open-minded - Any particular one or two you recommend?

Doesn't one need the rack and PS to be able to use and won't this add to the price for ex. the Great River MP-500NV at $750 plus the rack and PS if needed or is the PS in the rack? At any rate doesn't it get close to the cost of a MP-1N? Just curious.

My above question was answered at the GR site - "This unit is designed to fit into a '500' series rack using 2 available slots. It receives its power supply from the host rack." Now I'll research the price of the rack.

I'll check out your site - Thanks

God bless

yes their is the cost of a rack or lunckbox.
    generally at new this can be as little as free ( depending on the dealer and what you are getting ), to a average of somewhere between $80.00 and $100.00 per slot.
    in the end you will save some money as you can find a onslaught of great gear for this format.
    their are pres, eqs, comps, de-essers, and a lot of companies involved in building for this format with even more getting onboard.
    their are some very nice pre that will run from $500.00 to well over a grand, some very nice comps that are under a grand as well as some very good eqs.
    for example you can get a pair of buzz comps for much less the a LA-2 ( and a rack ); now to be fair these are not the same, except say the essence is optical comp that is smoken fast.
    as far as pres it is a pick your poison.
    my favorite A-Designs P-1, but that is not to say i am not in-love with my great river MP-500NV, i am!
    my next pre will be the LaChapell 583s this is a somken hot tube pre!
    for more of a HI-FI sound i would say the A-Designs EM BLUE or the buzz elixir happen to come to mind.
    their are neve-ish pres to very colored pres available and so far all i have seen are great!
    if you grab a OSA, or BA rack you can get eleven 500 format cards in a three rack space: )~
    and their are some new products coming in 2008 that will be killer!!!
    www.pan60.com

P.S. i will have more reviews on my sight soon they are not all up as of yet.
    their will be some reviews some buzz gear, Chandler Limited, and more, some i am not at liberty to even discus as they have not been announced to the market just yet.
    and as long as Lynn is cool with it they will be posted here : )~
    www.pan60.com

P.S. i will have more reviews on my sight soon they are not all up as of yet.
    Thanks for your input and the info on the racks and preferences.

God bless

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast