Thread: Treason-A question for our legal minds here

Default Treason-A question for our legal minds here

Is it possible for an individual citizen to bring treason charges against a government official?

http://anthonykeyter.com/complaintusv535.pdf
    http://911timeline.net/marianivsbush.htm
    http://www.petitiononline.com/bush911/petition.html

It would seem that some have tried. I found a how-to list online.

Treason charges can be filled against a Congressman by any citizen in a US District Court as follows:
    To intiate the proceeding there is a $70 Petition filing fee.
    All pleadings must be on letter size paper (8" X 11") Pleadings must be double-spaced on one side of line numbered paper and you need to file the original and one copy.
    If you are attaching any exhibits you need to attach them accordingly:
    All documents submitted for filing or lodging must be pre-punched with two holes (approximately " in diameter), centered 2" apart, " to _" from the top of the document
    In your Petition you would state that you are declaring Treason against the congressman/woman of your choice.
    It should be something like this:
    Name of filing attorney or pro se litigant (THIS IS YOU), bar number (DON'T have one unless you are an attorney), address, and phone number (fax number optional) must be listed in the upper left corner of the document, beginning on line 1
    The title of the court is to begin at or below line 8 of the first page
    Below and to the left of the court title, the name of the title of the action is to be inserted
    Please note that "et al." is not acceptable in the case caption of the complaint or petition for removal
    Name of first plaintiff et al. versus name of first defendant et al. is acceptable for subsequent pleadings.
    The nature of the document is to appear below the case number to the right of the case caption
    Each attorney or pro se litigant must sign the last page of the pleading. Signature name is to be typed below the signature, followed by party affiliation.

Respectfully submitted:
    (your name)

Can I actually pay an attorney to file a treason complaint against a government official and have it considered by a federal judge?

Thanks,

You can send me a PayPal invoice for legal services rendered.
    Last edited by animix; 02-12-2009 at 03:10 AM.
    Doug Joyce
    Animix Productions

Quote Originally Posted by animix View Post
    Is it possible for an individual citizen to bring treason charges against a government official?

http://anthonykeyter.com/complaintusv535.pdf
    http://911timeline.net/marianivsbush.htm
    http://www.petitiononline.com/bush911/petition.html

It would seem that some have tried. I found a how-to list online.

Can I actually pay an attorney to file a treason complaint against a government official and have it considered by a federal judge?

Thanks,

You can send me a PayPal invoice for legal services rendered.
    would 'dereliction of duty' fall under the same heading?
    Todd Robbins
    TX3 Productions, Inc.
    www.toddro.com

Quote Originally Posted by Todd Robbins View Post
    would 'dereliction of duty' fall under the same heading?
    I don't know. I'm not thinking of suing anyone, though if I was, it would be Harry Reid. I think there could be a lot of ancillary issues to something like this. For instance, you'd probably better have some deep pockets if you did something like this because you'd probably get slapped with a countersuit for libel. I'm just interested to know if it's possible. Those links make it appear that it might be.......I'm just not sure how the civil vs criminal court thing would work under these circumstances. If it was filed in Federal District Court and was actually heard, then it would seem to morph from one to the other. That does seem like a bit of a stretch, but it looks like some are attempting it.
    Doug Joyce
    Animix Productions

I don't know. I'm not thinking of suing anyone, though if I was, it would be Harry Reid. I think there could be a lot of ancillary issues to something like this. For instance, you'd probably better have some deep pockets if you did something like this because you'd probably get slapped with a countersuit for libel. I'm just interested to know if it's possible. Those links make it appear that it might be.......I'm just not sure how the civil vs criminal court thing would work under these circumstances. If it was filed in Federal District Court and was actually heard, then it would seem to morph from one to the other. That does seem like a bit of a stretch, but it looks like some are attempting it.
    My dad always used to ask if we could file a lunacy warrant on the state highway department. If you've ever been on some of KY's back roads you'll know why he asked that. Maybe we could file a lunacy warrant on some of them?

Looks like the one guy you link'd has files treason charges on every member of Congress?
    Todd Robbins
    TX3 Productions, Inc.
    www.toddro.com

Quote Originally Posted by Todd Robbins View Post
    Looks like the one guy you link'd has files treason charges on every member of Congress?
    I discussed this with an attorney today.
    Here's the deal.........

A private citizen can, if he/she believes there is a crime being committed, report this to the FBI or other law enforcement agency. If the FBI (et al) is presented with what they feel is credible evidence to support an investigation, it will be instigated. At that point, the federal judiciary may be brought into the mix as affidavits, complaints, warrants etc. are issued. I'm not quoting him and so the terminologies I use may not be correct, but the general direction of this is as I understood his explanation. This bit of advice was given to me with the extremely solemn caveat that if I was planning to do something like this, I should be very careful because unless I had some pretty hard evidence, I could get myself in a whole 'nuther world of legal **** when slapped with a libel suit so I'd better have some major evidence and some deep pockets........the opinion of the attorney I spoke with differed from some quasi-legal opinions I have run across online regarding procedure relative to petitioning (just doesn't make much sense to me) and I trust my guy. His firm has represented many activist causes and he thinks Rove is probably closer to being a traitor than Reid, so I can trust his impartiality.
    Last edited by animix; 02-12-2009 at 08:32 PM.
    Doug Joyce
    Animix Productions