Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Mixtravaganza Spring '09

I have 3 mixes so far. I will probably post up either today or early next week depending on time.

It's interesting hearing the different approaches to the song, for sure.
    Jim Dugger
    Poorhouse Productions

At 20 bits, you are on the verge of dynamic range covering fly-farts-at-20-feet to untolerable pain. Really, what more could we need?

Quote Originally Posted by TheMusicFactory View Post
    I'm assuming you sent it to Jim... nothing showed up in my email inbox.
    I sent it but it got kicked back to me undeliverable. I will try sending it to Jim now!
    Michael Rogers
    (3D VIP Member)
    DeskTop Productions

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Rogers View Post
    I sent it but it got kicked back to me undeliverable. I will try sending it to Jim now!
    Send me a PM here. That way I'll get it for sure.
    Jim Dugger
    Poorhouse Productions

At 20 bits, you are on the verge of dynamic range covering fly-farts-at-20-feet to untolerable pain. Really, what more could we need?

Is there any validity to posting the mixes identified by LETTER only? Mix A, B, C, etc. to keep the identities of the mixers concealed so that people can speak freely without knowing whose they are commenting on? It might confuse things slightly, but might make for a more honest, unbiased expression of ideas.
    Lynn Fuston
    3D Audio

Making beautiful music SEEM easy since 1979.

Quote Originally Posted by 3daudioinc View Post
    Is there any validity to posting the mixes identified by LETTER only? Mix A, B, C, etc. to keep the identities of the mixers concealed so that people can speak freely without knowing whose they are commenting on? It might confuse things slightly, but might make for a more honest, unbiased expression of ideas.
    Sure, but I always thought of this as less of a contest and more of a "let's just see what people do with this stuff" sort of thing

I'll do whatever the group wants... makes no difference to me, and there's no real technical challenge involved.
    Jim Dugger
    Poorhouse Productions

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Dugger View Post
    Sure, but I always thought of this as less of a contest and more of a "let's just see what people do with this stuff" sort of thing

I'll do whatever the group wants... makes no difference to me, and there's no real technical challenge involved.
    Not suggesting it is a contest. And it's just an idea, not even a suggestion.
    Lynn Fuston
    3D Audio

Making beautiful music SEEM easy since 1979.

Hi Jim,

Just send you a PM with the link to my mix.

Thanks for sharing this wonderful song and the opportunity to mix it. I haven't mixed anything like this before so it's a great learning experience for me. I'm looking forward to hearing the other mixes and the following discussions.

Best,
    Steve

Quote Originally Posted by Steve T View Post
    Thanks for sharing this wonderful song and the opportunity to mix it. I haven't mixed anything like this before so it's a great learning experience for me. I'm looking forward to hearing the other mixes and the following discussions.
    My pleasure. I'm excited to hear what you all do with it as well. I know we'll all learn something; hopefully I'll learn what I need to start setting my mixes apart from the "studio project" sounds I've been stuck in for so long.

I'll start posting on Monday. The racetrack is having member days this weekend so I'm out riding instead of staying at home!
    Jim Dugger
    Poorhouse Productions

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234