Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Mixtravaganza Spring '09

What's the tempo on this piece? I thought I would see that on the click track. Or was there a word or pdf file that came with this that I missed?

Nice song, BTW.

Quote Originally Posted by TheMusicFactory View Post
    Jim, do you want everyone to upload them to you? I'm willing to have everyone email them to me so I can create a whodunit list before putting the mixed versions up so we can discuss them all...

They can email 'em, or send to you and I'll have you upload them, etc. Whatever works.
    Jim Dugger
    Poorhouse Productions

At 20 bits, you are on the verge of dynamic range covering fly-farts-at-20-feet to untolerable pain. Really, what more could we need?

Quote Originally Posted by Keyplayer View Post
    What's the tempo on this piece? I thought I would see that on the click track. Or was there a word or pdf file that came with this that I missed?

Nice song, BTW.
    Thanks...

Tempo is 60bpm, 4/4

All right... I'm getting a little nervous here, haha. I'm remixing this thing and now remembering how layered this song is. I have no doubt a good number of you will outmix me on this one, so that makes me feel better. I'm excited to hear this mixed by a pro now.

My only gripe about this song is that I had a white choir. I *know* this would have come out wayyyyyyyyy different if there was a little more color when I recorded. Oh well.
    Last edited by TheMusicFactory; 04-20-2009 at 05:16 AM.

Ooh, I keep wanting to jump in and suggest things but I think it would short-circuit the learning process. I'm biting my lip.

Learn away.
    Lynn Fuston
    3D Audio

Making beautiful music SEEM easy since 1979.

Quote Originally Posted by 3daudioinc View Post
    Ooh, I keep wanting to jump in and suggest things but I think it would short-circuit the learning process. I'm biting my lip.

Learn away.
    Okay, I, for one, don't mind professional advice. Even if it's "Dave, you should have done ______ when you recorded," fire away. I'm always good for PMs too. I'm here to learn.

Are you mixing, too, Lynn? (maybe in secret, muahahahahahaha...)

Gio is offline 3D VIP 2008, '09, '10, '11

Just finished downloading. The close drum tracks seem pre-processed (normalized, strip silence). Were they?

3daudioinc-Ooh, I keep wanting to jump in and suggest things but I think it would short-circuit the learning process. I'm biting my lip.
    So soon?
    Giovanni Fusco
    On Staff Here
    My Place

"Real People, Real Performances."

Okay, I, for one, don't mind professional advice. Even if it's "Dave, you should have done ______ when you recorded," fire away. I'm always good for PMs too. I'm here to learn.

Are you mixing, too, Lynn? (maybe in secret, muahahahahahaha...)
    Oh, you'll learn. I think ultimately, learning by doing is better.

Probably not. I've not downloaded the files. I've got too much other stuff on my plate at the moment.
    Lynn Fuston
    3D Audio

Making beautiful music SEEM easy since 1979.

My only gripe about this song is that I had a white choir. I *know* this would have come out wayyyyyyyyy different if there was a little more color when I recorded. Oh well.
    Ack! I think the choir is just fine... even if they are Anglo Saxon. It's dancing that some white people shouldn't really do, they sing just fine.

It's a beautiful song. Did this song make it onto a commercial CD or was it written for the stage? The bridge and the ending both have a theatrical feel.
    Last edited by Lawrence; 04-20-2009 at 03:07 PM.

All of the soundtrack was released in October '08, this song being one of the 16 or 17 tracks. There's another choir one that I did that may just as much fun as this one... we'll save it for another MixTrav later on

There was live dialogue over the intro which is why it's long. The bridge piano solo was a solo dance feature with a girl doing some some twirly ballet stuff. The ending was the grand finale of the play before blackout, then lights came back up and everyone came back on stage to take a bow during another song. Fun stuff.

There was live dialogue over the intro which is why it's long. The bridge piano solo was a solo dance feature with a girl doing some some twirly ballet stuff. The ending was the grand finale of the play before blackout, then lights came back up and everyone came back on stage to take a bow during another song. Fun stuff.
    That explains a lot! I was wondering what was going on there.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast