Thread: Cakewalk - Microsoft Partner Finalist

Default Cakewalk - Microsoft Partner Finalist

All:

I know there aren't many Sonar folks here, but most know I've spent a lot of time over the past few years with their product and it is one of the main tools in my kit. I saw this announcement and thought it reflected a couple of important things:

REDMOND, Wash. — June 24, 2009 — Microsoft Corp. today announced the winners and finalists of its 2009 Microsoft Partner of the Year Awards. The annual awards honor Microsoft Registered, Certified and Gold Certified partners for delivering exemplary solutions for their customers during the past year. Award winners and finalists were chosen from nominations from around the world. Winners and finalists will be recognized at the Microsoft Worldwide Partner Conference 2009, the company’s premier annual event for industry partners, being held July 13–16 in New Orleans.

Nearly 2,000 entries were submitted by partners worldwide; the award finalists and winners were selected from a group of nominations based on their dedicated use of Microsoft technologies to provide solutions for their customers’ needs.

Global ISV Consumer Partner of the Year
    Winner: Corel, Canada
    Finalist: Nuance Communications, United States
    Finalist: Cakewalk, United States

Although not a winner, having an audio application nominated in such a broad category I think is a real accomplishment. I also feel that whether you love or hate MS - it's here and in a very big way. The developers at Cakewalk seem to have a great balance of knowing when to embrace the MS core and when to steer away. Congrats to them.

-D

Quote Originally Posted by DonM View Post
    Although not a winner, having an audio application nominated in such a broad category I think is a real accomplishment. I also feel that whether you love or hate MS - it's here and in a very big way. The developers at Cakewalk seem to have a great balance of knowing when to embrace the MS core and when to steer away. Congrats to them.

-D
    I wish some smart developer (like Cake) would implement MS VBA into their daw for scripting.

Quote Originally Posted by Lawrence View Post
    I wish some smart developer (like Cake) would implement MS VBA into their daw for scripting.
    Agreed. I was asked by their CTO to join the beta team this year. Impressive process - very organized and professional. I will ask about scripting as a direction for the product.

-D

Agreed. I was asked by their CTO to join the beta team this year. Impressive process - very organized and professional. I will ask about scripting as a direction for the product.

-D
    I applied for their beta program but haven't heard anything.

Go Cake!
    Michael Rogers
    (3D VIP Member)
    DeskTop Productions

Icon3

I know there aren't many Sonar folks here
    I am, I am!

Me too. Me too.