Thread: Korby Audio Technologies "Convertible" Mic System with 67M and 251 Capsules

Korby Audio Technologies "Convertible" Mic System with 67M and 251 Capsules

Hand built Tube mic from Tracy Korby with 67M and 251 capsules. Everything included(shock mount, power supply, case, cables, etc..) Case also included which cost me an additional $200. Perfect condition, very low use(about 10-15 hours of vocals). Never dropped or abused in any way. I wish I could keep it but I just bought an acre of land today and am about to build a house so it has to go. Some of you contacted me about this mic recently and my computer got wiped out so I lost your email. Please contact me again if you're still interested. Asking price: $5000 delivered. By the way you can check out my feedback on ebay under "seawell_studios." I'd just rather not sale an item like this on ebay and get eaten up by all the fees.

Wish I could afford it... I bought the same configuration, and I love it. (I later added the 47 capsule, and I hope to add the final capsule this year.)

But in the interest of hearing a differing opinion, why are you selling?

Bill

Hi Bill,
    The Korby mic is phenomenal. I am selling because I just bought an acre of land and am building a house so I can't keep the mic any longer. Just out of curiosity have you ever compared your Korby to the Soundelux equivalents? If so what were your thoughts.

Originally posted by seawell:
    <STRONG>.. Just out of curiosity have you ever compared your Korby to the Soundelux equivalents? If so what were your thoughts.</STRONG>
    I didn't. Nadine Korby told me a funny story though... someone in Nashville sent back their 251, complaining about the sound not being acurate to the 251. She asked who's 251 they used to compare, since they know where many of the surviving 251s are. He didn't compare it to a real 251, he compared it to the Soundelux copy. ..... duh.

So beyond the humor value of the story, I'd also get the impression that the Soundelux and the Korby do not sound much alike.

I have no comment on the Soundelux... I've never used one. But as I have said before, On my voice and guitar, in my room, on my monitoring system, using Hardy mic pres, the Korby sounded just like Conways 251, to my ears.

Hey, good luck on the house! Having been an owner of a money pit for some time, I'm looking forward tot he day when I can move back to a managed apartment, and let someone ELSE fix everything! (Tomorrow, Bill lays cement board and tiles the kitchen.... yikes!)

Bill

Thanks Bill. I'm building a studio as part of the house so maybe I'll post some pictures once it's done. Take care.

Ok, it's on ebay now, you can pick it up here:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...tem=3710408595

[ March 09, 2004: Message edited by: seawell ]

[ March 09, 2004: Message edited by: seawell ]

Ok, it's up for auction again but now with a lower price. Check it out here:

Korby Mic Auction

New lower price - $4,300.

Let me know if you're interested: seawellstudios@triad.rr.com

You can check out my ebay feedback here:

Ebay Feedback

[ April 27, 2004: Message edited by: seawell ]

Sold. Thanks.