Thread: ADC CD: "Tape" ac git/voc example

Default ADC CD: "Tape" ac git/voc example

Hi Lynn,

loved the 2" example on the disc. I read in your manley review that the vocals were cut through a U67 with the Slam (ELOP engaged).

Could you give more details on the rest of the gear (acoustic guitars, tape machine, console)?

Listening to the other mixes that were used as examples, the tape mix sounds SOOO much more relaxing and easier on the ears (not that the other one's were any bad, actually), it fuels my fire to get a tape machine once again...

How much of this "easy haze" of the sound is the Slam! to your ears?

Thanks!

Nicolay

Quote Originally Posted by realsamples View Post
    Hi Lynn,

loved the 2" example on the disc. I read in your manley review that the vocals were cut through a U67 with the Slam (ELOP engaged).

Could you give more details on the rest of the gear (acoustic guitars, tape machine, console)?

Listening to the other mixes that were used as examples, the tape mix sounds SOOO much more relaxing and easier on the ears (not that the other one's were any bad, actually), it fuels my fire to get a tape machine once again...

How much of this "easy haze" of the sound is the Slam! to your ears?

Thanks!

Nicolay
    Nicolay, sorry I just now saw this.

I honestly don't recall the other details. They are written down somewhere I know but I don't have easy access to them or the time at the moment to hunt them down. If I run across them, I'll post them here.
    Lynn Fuston
    3D Audio

Making beautiful music SEEM easy since 1979.

Quote Originally Posted by realsamples View Post
    The console was a DDA AMR-24. The tape machine was an Otari MTR-90. I honestly don't recall what kind of tape it was but 499 would be a safe bet. Acoustic guitar? I really have no idea. I may have some pictures or a video somewhere. If I run across it, I'll post.
    Lynn Fuston
    3D Audio

Making beautiful music SEEM easy since 1979.