Thread: Anyone Ordering The Fight?

Default Anyone Ordering The Fight?

HBO PPV. I love boxing when it's well matched like this one appears to be. This should be a really good fight.

I had a six-pack like that about 40 years ago... ... now I'm working on a keg.

Quote Originally Posted by Lawrence View Post
    HBO PPV. I love boxing when it's well matched like this one appears to be. This should be a really good fight.
    I'm hoping it's on atdhe - they have it listed...
    Todd Robbins
    TX3 Productions, Inc.
    www.toddro.com

Quote Originally Posted by Todd Robbins View Post
    I'm hoping it's on atdhe - they have it listed...
    Whoa! Since the main even doesn't start until about 11 that's plenty of time to find out before pulling the trigger.

Thanks!

Whoa! Since the main even doesn't start until about 11 that's plenty of time to find out before pulling the trigger.

Thanks!
    They are kind of hit & miss. Just because an event is listed doesn't mean it will "come on" when you try to play it, but it is definitely worth a shot, huh?

I'm a big Freddie Roach fan, and I always like the way he has his fighters prepare. I actually met him and had dinner with him one time after a fight in Baton Rouge. Did you see him get into it with Santiago at the weigh-in? That was funny.

A lot of late money is coming in on Cotto - most bettors say the late money is the smart money. We'll see. I like Pacman...
    Todd Robbins
    TX3 Productions, Inc.
    www.toddro.com

Freddie Roach is arguably the best trainer in boxing. His fight plans are often dead on target and he's turned Paquaio from a wildman into much more a skilled fighter.

Manny will be moving a lot tonight. He can't let Cotto trap him on the ropes too long.

The real question for both is can either take the other's best punch. Cotto has been down and out before, and he's been hurt many times so his chin is not that great. OTOH, even though Manny has shown he has a great chin I'm not sure he's ever taken a "middleweight" punch like the kind Cotto can deliver, even at this supposed welterweight fight.

We'll see. Manny has speed & power but nobody knows if his power will continue to translate against these bigger guys as he keeps moving up. Even though DeLaHoya was past his prime he'd been hit hard by some other welterweights but Manny made him quit, beat him up badly... so the power is there.
    Last edited by Lawrence; 11-15-2009 at 02:00 AM.

The top link of the three links listed on atdhe is working (for now...) the other 2 are not. Hopefully it holds, but you should get on asap before viewer limit is reached!
    Todd Robbins
    TX3 Productions, Inc.
    www.toddro.com

I'm on the 3rd link watching it now (TVU). The second one had commercials in-between rounds.

I'll probably order it anyway before the main event comes on just so I can chill and watch it on a real TV in good quality with my feet up on a sofa or something.

I didn't work 30 years to sweat over $60.
    Last edited by Lawrence; 11-15-2009 at 02:53 AM.

I didn't work 30 years to sweat over $60.
    I like your style! Cheers!
    Todd Robbins
    TX3 Productions, Inc.
    www.toddro.com

Wow - great job Pacman! World champion in 5 weights classes! That is impressive!!!

The fight got to be a bit pathetic in rounds 9-11 with Coto just running backwards. Pac should've just stood in the middle of the ring and waived him in. Coto's face looked like he'd been worked over by a Tiger Woods 5-iron... Pac won the fight in the 2nd half of round 2 I thought (the best round of the fight). And then broke Coto's will in round 4.
    Todd Robbins
    TX3 Productions, Inc.
    www.toddro.com

Quote Originally Posted by Todd Robbins View Post
    Wow - great job Pacman! World champion in 5 weights classes! That is impressive!!!
    That's 7 weight classes, a first in boxing. Nobody has ever done it before.

The fight got to be a bit pathetic in rounds 9-11 with Coto just running backwards. Pac should've just stood in the middle of the ring and waived him in. Coto's face looked like he'd been worked over by a Tiger Woods 5-iron... Pac won the fight in the 2nd half of round 2 I thought (the best round of the fight). And then broke Coto's will in round 4.
    Cotto not only has a weak chin but he doesn't stand up well to intense pressure. I saw evidence of that in his early fights when he got hurt. Mentally, he would just collapse for awhile and then recover some time later and overcome a person not as physically strong eventually.

Bring on Mayweather.
    Last edited by Lawrence; 11-15-2009 at 07:13 PM.