Thread: 20th Wedding Anniversary Photos

Default 20th Wedding Anniversary Photos

So the wife left me at the resort during this occasion on Fort Myers Beach, Florida for a few hours to drive my son to see some old friends and meet at "the mall".

Being that I immersed myself in the art of photography some 40 years ago when I was a youngin', I felt the urge to take some photos like I used to in those bygone days. It was............a catharsis.

Using an old 5 mp Sony Cybershot point-n-shoot, and some free photo software (Irfanview), I submit some images for you perusal. A Nikon and Photoshop I don't have, but what tools I did have at my disposal, I tried to achieve something resembling stuff that I saw in my mind's eye.

The middle photo "Sand Feather", was Mother Nature using plants and wind as a brush, and the sand as the palette.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	BOWDITCH.jpg 
Views:	35 
Size:	164.1 KB 
ID:	2519   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SAILBOATS.jpg 
Views:	38 
Size:	117.0 KB 
ID:	2520   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SAND FEATHER.jpg 
Views:	41 
Size:	64.7 KB 
ID:	2521   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	BOARDWALK AND SHADOWS.jpg 
Views:	35 
Size:	60.2 KB 
ID:	2522   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SANDSEASKY.jpg 
Views:	37 
Size:	114.7 KB 
ID:	2523  

Last edited by Lee Tyler; 11-30-2009 at 08:17 PM.
    "If your nose runs and your feet smell, you were probably built upside down"

This reminds me of something I notice about music recording as well. When the subject (in front of the camera or mic) is truly spectacular, then it makes the acquisition technology less significant.
    Lynn Fuston
    3D Audio

Making beautiful music SEEM easy since 1979.

Quote Originally Posted by 3daudioinc View Post
    This reminds me of something I notice about music recording as well. When the subject (in front of the camera or mic) is truly spectacular, then it makes the acquisition technology less significant.

No doubt. Get a great player on a crappy guitar and/or fair recording chain, the result will still be pretty darn good.
    "If your nose runs and your feet smell, you were probably built upside down"