Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Jogging, Texas-style

Quote Originally Posted by Todd Robbins View Post
    I'd be afraid it might get "frisky"...
    Oh baby, baby....
    Lynn Fuston
    3D Audio

Making beautiful music SEEM easy since 1979.

Wireline is offline 3D VIP 2004, '05, '06, '08, '09, '10

Quote Originally Posted by 3daudioinc View Post
    Oh baby, baby....
    He placed his hand on her gun oiled thighs...the played "Revolver"... she knew he was the right caliber.
    Ken Morgan
    2010 3d VIP

Quote Originally Posted by 3daudioinc View Post
    I know some people that might disagree with that statement.

In reference to John Allen Muhammad, the DC sniper.

Source: http://archives.cnn.com/2002/US/Sout...per.shootings/

Sort of like in audio engineering: It's not the caliber of the tool--it's all about knowing how to use it.
    With all the gun nuts on here, I'm surprised no one commented that it's the velocity of the .223 that makes it so lethal, not the fact that .25 is a bigger number than .223.

As some old guy once said: F=MA.

What is that Greek phase that the militia all uses in their .sig file, and why don't we see more of it on 3dB? Something like Pogue Mahone. Wait, that's a band name....

hth,

DC
    Dave Collins Mastering
    www.collinsaudio.com
    +1 323 467 5570

So yeah, go ahead and travel into your remote areas sans sidearm - it may not be that grizzly bear you have to worry about...
    Todd, that is a sad and telling story, tho it relays one significant difference: here, most folks would LET thugs steal their vehicle and SURVIVE rather than die trying to save your wheels?!? Your family - that's another thing, but a truck? If there were witnesses, I'd think the old fellow wouldn't be stranded, and obviously the law could/would get involved quite quickly with witnesses and a victim who is ALIVE to identify the perps...

And for the record, your quote above also speaks to THE primary difference between our countries - 'mentality'. if I were a resident of YOUR country, it's possible I might feel that way. Here, whether in the urban jungle (and my local area has THE POOREST neighbourhood in our country!), or the vast natural 'jungle', I still feel no desire to carry a firearm (tho I do watch out for myself and others' safety when in 'questionable' areas - PS: that COULD include polar bear habitat, which is ONE place I'd consider a firearm for safety).

peace.
    N. Jay Burr
    PlugHead Productions

http://www.plugheadproductions.com

Gio is offline 3D VIP 2008, '09, '10, '11

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Collins View Post
    Something like Pogue Mahone.
    Doesn't that mean [REDACTED] in Gaelic?
    Giovanni Fusco
    On Staff Here
    My Place

"Real People, Real Performances."

Quote Originally Posted by plughead View Post
    Todd, that is a sad and telling story, tho it relays one significant difference: here, most folks would LET thugs steal their vehicle and SURVIVE rather than die trying to save your wheels?!? Your family - that's another thing, but a truck?
    Were you born and raised in Canada? Maybe that is a cultural difference. I was born in Texas and have lived in South my whole life. Half the people I know would, as you suggest, probably had over the keys. The other half of the folks I know, however, would not go down without a fight (and half of those half are packing, so 2 thugs with clubs would be in for a short fight or a long run).

I know exactly the kind of guy this poor guy was - I see them all the time around here. Old southern guys who are tough as nails and have worked hard their entire life with their hands and their bodies. Hardscrabble. He was not fishing for fun, he was fishing for dinner. I give them my fish all the time. It may be hard for you to comprehend, but if you want the keys to his truck, you are going to have get them the hard way. There's just no way someone walks up with a club and he hands them over.
    Todd Robbins
    TX3 Productions, Inc.
    www.toddro.com

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Collins View Post
    As some old guy once said: F=MA.
    I wonder what kind of iron he was packing?
    Todd Robbins
    TX3 Productions, Inc.
    www.toddro.com

I wonder what kind of iron he was packing?
    They say Newton died a virgin.

hth,

DC
    Dave Collins Mastering
    www.collinsaudio.com
    +1 323 467 5570

Quote Originally Posted by Gio View Post
    Doesn't that mean [REDACTED] in Gaelic?
    Lynn could start a sub-forum called Molon Labe.

hth,

DC
    Dave Collins Mastering
    www.collinsaudio.com
    +1 323 467 5570

Were you born and raised in Canada? Maybe that is a cultural difference. I was born in Texas and have lived in South my whole life. Half the people I know would, as you suggest, probably had over the keys. The other half of the folks I know, however, would not go down without a fight (and half of those half are packing, so 2 thugs with clubs would be in for a short fight or a long run).

I know exactly the kind of guy this poor guy was - I see them all the time around here. Old southern guys who are tough as nails and have worked hard their entire life with their hands and their bodies. Hardscrabble. He was not fishing for fun, he was fishing for dinner. I give them my fish all the time. It may be hard for you to comprehend, but if you want the keys to his truck, you are going to have get them the hard way. There's just no way someone walks up with a club and he hands them over.
    Yes, I am born and raised a Canuck. And yes, I also know many of the same types of folks here (and esp. in the Yukon!) that would fight before giving up ANYTHING. However, common sense seems to be lacking in that particular situation, as I could see nothing good coming from an elderly gent trying to defend himself and his property against 2 young men with clubs...

That said, I do respect your civil discourse - I am constantly trying to understand why it is that 'the right to bear arms' is just sooooo engrained in the psyche of your country - yes - the constitution, but it's so far beyond that to ANY common person.

It's not like we don't have firearms in this country - on the contrary - per capita, we have just as many (and IIRC, even MORE mostly due to native/indigenous peoples and their hunting rights) as the US, BUT - not WRT handguns. I own a couple of guns - my father was a sgt/firearms instructor in WW2, and I grew up hunting and fishing, so I'm no stranger to guns. That said, it would never cross my mind to bring one out of storage unless I were hunting moose/caribou etc.

I think you understand where I'm coming from. In any case, the OT I find to be simply ludicrous...
    N. Jay Burr
    PlugHead Productions

http://www.plugheadproductions.com