Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Muffin

Wireline is offline 3D VIP 2004, '05, '06, '08, '09, '10

Man. I am so sorry for this onslaught of loss you are going thru, amigo...

You got the number.
    Ken Morgan
    2010 3d VIP

Troy Baldwin is offline 3D VIP 2005, '06, '07, '08, '09, '10, '12

Doug I can't even begin to imagine the weight of everything you're dealing with. I wish I had the ability to do something, anything, aside from a few words on here, and a few more in prayer.

Stay strong, my 3dB friend.
    AD9 Audio Services
    ad9audio.com

Brian Shillito is offline 3D VIP 2010, '11, '12, '13. '14

Prayers and thoughts are with you Doug.

Brian.
    Brian Shillito
    Blackfish Sound Studio
    West Vancouver B.C.

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000844248569

Who added the "AT"?

Oh man. Sorry to hear. That is old for a dane. I hate to think of two losses that close together. I'll be praying.
    Lynn Fuston
    3D Audio

Making beautiful music SEEM easy since 1979.

Quote Originally Posted by 3daudioinc View Post
    Oh man. Sorry to hear. That is old for a dane. I hate to think of two losses that close together. I'll be praying.
    Thanks Lynn, and to everyone. She had to get back on large doses of Prednisone (20 mg twice a day) while the Cyclosporine ramped up and we are now weaning her off it again. It's just bad stuff. It's overrides the adrenal glands. We're cutting back by 5mg every 3 days. She's ravenously hungry and thirsty all the time when on Prednisone. Canned green beans with a touch of cooking oil has helped keep this hunger thing under control. They are good for her digestion and she doesn't gain weight from them. Tomorrow we'll have her down to 10 mg twice a day and within 6 more days, down to 5mg twice a day, which is a maintenance dosage without much in the way of side effects. If she can tolerate this and the Cyclosporine keeps the inflamation under control, she can have a good quality of life. Right now we're keeping her comfortable and hoping for the best...but she's old, and that's something we can't change.
    Doug Joyce
    Animix Productions

She's now diagnosed with congestive heart failure. We're treating her with digitalis and a diuretic and she is responding to these medications but we've been down this path before. That's the hardest part about owning these large breeds........you know they have just a short amount of time left but letting them go before they are in some major distress seems cruel because they are still alert and responsive....but you know this is a fleeting situation.

Playing God is never easy.
    Doug Joyce
    Animix Productions

It's just not fair. So much dog to love and so little time to do it.
    Lynn Fuston
    3D Audio

It's just not fair. So much dog to love and so little time to do it.
    I think that sums it up nicely. We got Crash on Christmas night 2002. He was 6 weeks old. He passed on October 25th. That's almost exactly 8 years. Muffin is only about a month older than Crash was. It's already so noticably quiet around here without Crashbasket. I actually miss him ruining a take because his barking could be heard clearly for over a hundred meters. If he was on the studio couch when he dedided to speak, it would peg every meter, even the mics in the ISO booths. He still seems to haunt this house. I miss him so much. Soon it will be time to let Muffin go as well.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2P1010016..JPG 
Views:	77 
Size:	66.3 KB 
ID:	2996   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1010017..JPG 
Views:	69 
Size:	64.3 KB 
ID:	2997  
    Doug Joyce
    Animix Productions

I'll dig up a picture of Katharine the Great (my dane) someday. I remember her fondly, though we found a different home for her when my second son arrived (two babies and a 100 lb. Dane was too much for a young couple in a small house). She was about two then. I think fondly of her often and would like to see her again. Then I realize that she was two in 1991 and has probably been gone for a dozen years. Wow.
    Lynn Fuston
    3D Audio

I'll dig up a picture of Katharine the Great (my dane) someday. I remember her fondly, though we found a different home for her when my second son arrived (two babies and a 100 lb. Dane was too much for a young couple in a small house). She was about two then. I think fondly of her often and would like to see her again. Then I realize that she was two in 1991 and has probably been gone for a dozen years. Wow.
    I think I saw a pic of her a while back. Wasn't she mostly white and really big and beautiful?
    Doug Joyce
    Animix Productions

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast