Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Muffin

Quote Originally Posted by animix View Post
    I think I saw a pic of her a while back. Wasn't she mostly white and really big and beautiful?
    Harlequin but mostly white. She was undesirable for the breeder with a pink nose instead of black and blue eyes instead of brown. Very striking. Floppy ears and the full tail. The breeder brought her to the vet in a paper sack to be "dealt with." That's how we got her. When we first got her, I could hold her in my cupped hands. Fed her ourselves with a premie bottle. She was about 6" long. But NOT for long. When we found her new home she was almost 90 lbs. Pretty small for a dane but she wasn't yet fully grown.
    Lynn Fuston
    3D Audio

Making beautiful music SEEM easy since 1979.

Quote Originally Posted by 3daudioinc View Post
    Harlequin but mostly white. She was undesirable for the breeder with a pink nose instead of black and blue eyes instead of brown. Very striking. Floppy ears and the full tail. The breeder brought her to the vet in a paper sack to be "dealt with." That's how we got her. When we first got her, I could hold her cupped in my hands. Fed her ourselves with a premie bottle. She was about 6" long. But NOT for long. When we found her new home she was almost 90 lbs. Pretty small for a dane but she wasn't yet fully grown.
    I remember the pic now, with the cute little pink nose.....well......maybe not little.

Doug Joyce
    Animix Productions

Quote Originally Posted by animix View Post
    I remember the pic now, with the cute little pink nose.....well......maybe not little.

When I saw the a new post by you in this thread, I feared the worst. I'm glad it's not that post.
    Lynn Fuston
    3D Audio

Making beautiful music SEEM easy since 1979.

Troy Baldwin is offline 3D VIP 2005, '06, '07, '08, '09, '10, '12

Quote Originally Posted by 3daudioinc View Post
    When I saw the a new post by you in this thread, I feared the worst. I'm glad it's not that post.
    That makes two of us.

Still keeping you in my prayers, Doug.
    AD9 Audio Services
    ad9audio.com

Quote Originally Posted by Troy Baldwin View Post
    That makes two of us.

Still keeping you in my prayers, Doug.
    Thanks. She's still hanging in there. The congestive heart failure seems to have been temporarily arrested and her edema has been reduced signuificantly by the medications. We're taking her to the vet on Thursday to get her checked out. It's a day at a time.
    Doug Joyce
    Animix Productions

R.I.P. Muffin.

We pulled out every stop we could for her but her heart was failing badly. She passed peacefully earlier this morning. She was truly a gift and a source of laughter and just absolute delight for many years.

The house is so quiet now. It's going to take a while to get to the other side of this.

Thanks to everyone for all of your prayers and support over the last few months.
    Doug Joyce
    Animix Productions

Troy Baldwin is offline 3D VIP 2005, '06, '07, '08, '09, '10, '12

I read your post before you added the pic and was sad.

When I came back and saw that photo I laughed (letting my boss know I wasn't working).

Thanks for the laugh, and RIP Muffin. I know a hole that big doesn't refill easily.
    AD9 Audio Services
    ad9audio.com

Quote Originally Posted by Troy Baldwin View Post
    I read your post before you added the pic and was sad.

When I came back and saw that photo I laughed (letting my boss know I wasn't working).

Thanks for the laugh, and RIP Muffin. I know a hole that big doesn't refill easily.
    Thanks Troy, that pic was so wierd looking that I thought it might be misconstrued as being something that was taken today. It was taken years ago in happier times when she was playing around. She was a complete and total clown and used to like to turn stare at us from an upside down angle. I guess I'll repost it since it got a laugh. That's what it was meant for and I think she will approve.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	crazedhound..jpg 
Views:	63 
Size:	24.9 KB 
ID:	3054  
    Doug Joyce
    Animix Productions

I'm truly sorry for your loss, Doug.
    R.I.P. Muffin.
    Dick Cox

Quote Originally Posted by dick cox View Post
    I'm truly sorry for your loss, Doug.
    R.I.P. Muffin.