Thread: Doodlebug

Default Doodlebug

Well...it's been a pretty difficult 12 months. Now it looks like our kitty, Doodlebug, is going into renal failure. Back in 1996 I was working in Brenham TX and renting a property about 20 miles south of there in Shelby. It was a very large estate and had a number of antebellum buildings on the property. One of them was an old schoolhouse that was situated behind the house I was living in. My wife and I turned it into a rehearsal studio during our gigging days. Back then it was very rustic. Sort of like having my own ghost town. I leased this place and used it as a second residence, office and general rural hangout from 1995 through 1997. There was an old general store, a huge building that had been converted into a civil war hospital, two houses, a carriage house, a church and the old schoolhouse.
    The estate has now been turned into a B & B.

http://www.theshelby.net/Default.htm

A mamma kitty had a litter under the schoolhouse and there was a big tomcat that was trying to get to these kittens. He had killed lots of other cats in the area so we decided to rescue these kittens. There were only three left by the time I managed to crawl under the barn and fish them out. Doodle is the last survivor. She's 16 and she has been with Amy and I since the beginning of our marriage. More sad times ahead I'm afraid. She's had a really good life. It's just hard to watch my little family pass one by one in such quick succession.
    Last edited by animix; 01-08-2011 at 05:21 PM.
    Doug Joyce
    Animix Productions

So sorry, Doug.
    Lynn Fuston
    3D Audio

Making beautiful music SEEM easy since 1979.

Quote Originally Posted by 3daudioinc View Post
    So sorry, Doug.

Thanks Lynn. I may be a bit overreactive due to all that has taken place recently. We took her to the vet and her kidneys are in good shape for a 16 year old cat. It's quite a relief. She was exhibiting textbook symptoms of renal failure. One of the symptoms started today. The other she has been doing for over a year. The symptom she started today was vomiting white foam. The other one that she has been doing for over a year is to jump up on the kitchen counter and wanting to drink out of the faucet. She will refuse to drink out of her bowl and sit there until we turn the faucet on. This is another indicator. Anyway, it appears she had worms and her food wasn't quite right for her age and she just needs a change in diet (old cat formula?). I had a funny thought about her drinking from the sink. Crash used to do this and he taught Muffin how to do it. Maybe Doodlebug got the idea from them?

Well, anyway....we're very happy to know that we may have her a while longer.
    Last edited by animix; 01-09-2011 at 12:58 AM.
    Doug Joyce
    Animix Productions

Well, given the recent circumstances, I think overreacting is quite appropriate. Glad the news was good.
    Lynn Fuston
    3D Audio

Making beautiful music SEEM easy since 1979.

Troy Baldwin is offline 3D VIP 2005, '06, '07, '08, '09, '10, '12

Glad to see things are looking a bit brighter on that front. Your situation was looking a like a friend of ours who lost both her cats between last September on November, and now her German Shepherd is sick (gall stones)

And yes, overreacting, even a bit of paranoia is completely understandable.
    AD9 Audio Services
    ad9audio.com