Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Another major earthquake in NZ.

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Mac View Post
    We are alive!
    It was anxious hours before we knew family were.
    A family member was on the 5th floor of the CCTV building that completely collapsed, and walked out.
    A friend of mine is still in there, he may come out yet!

The studio is near the epicentre, with the fault 5 km below me which means violent vertical thrust.
    Seemed ‘ten times’ worse than last years one. Yet just 10 km across town there is no issue.
    The studio is single level concrete pillar and beams, I thought it was going to fall on me.
    It’s amazing how steel reinforcing holds it all together
    We were isolated by the flooding and destruction, with no communication we didn’t know what was going on
    It was a long and traumatic journey to find our children

I can’t complain, we are safe.
    Though we are displaced from our house.
    A more daunting thought is I am out of business..
    Wow... I hope you are able to get rebuilt sooner rather than later, but more importantly, glad to hear you and your family are safe. If there is a specific need we can address from over here, will yo let us know?

Blessings,
    Todd Robbins
    TX3 Productions, Inc.
    www.toddro.com

Thanks guys

Lots of wonderful stories of escape and blessing here.
    Good in people shining through.

Losing loved ones is tough at any time. Not to minimise others suffering, this city is doing so well, as dramatic as it has been, let’s not confuse this with Haiti. Assistance is swift and options are many. We are fortunate in our affluent parts of the world.
    Of course Christchurch is permanently changed, and as strange as it may sound I am grieving for it.
    But I thank God for the blessed life we live, and still do here whether we have running water or not.
    (got power and internet writing this!)

I was keen to share in this forum, there is something comforting about your support I knew I’d find in this quality online community.
    And certainly who else could share my pain for special microphones getting the rough treatment!

Despite how bad the mess looked gear is probably not too bad, apart from boring stuff like computer screens, and maybe speakers but i haven’t looked at them yet.
    I have stored most things, but unable to test anything.
    Many things will be cosmetic, other things may be tricky for parts.

One day at a time!

My studio is set to be demolished, which is discouraging. Faced with a rebuild, inevitable costs beyond insurance cover and the prolonged loss of income..
    Can i afford it? Quite an emotional time to be honest.

I have the first of two funerals to attend this weekend, prayers are needed for the families.

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Mac View Post
    My studio is set to be demolished, which is discouraging. Faced with a rebuild, inevitable costs beyond insurance cover and the prolonged loss of income..
    Can i afford it? Quite an emotional time to be honest.

I have the first of two funerals to attend this weekend, prayers are needed for the families.
    Oh. That is disheartening. Structural instability? Man, I'm so sorry.
    Lynn Fuston
    3D Audio

Making beautiful music SEEM easy since 1979.

Sorry to hear this Ian. I guess your friend in the CTV building did not make it?

I know the Government has set up subsidies for employers to help keep their employees on board, but I guess there is nothing available for self employed people?

People, if you are interested in making a donation to help Ian, please click on the link below. This will take you to our secure Audioshop shopping cart where you can make multiple NZ$10.00 (US$7.50) donations with your credit card. Note that this is just a secure server to collect card details and it does not automatically charge your card, we do that manually. The cart will ask you to select freight cost, but this will be deducted from the total before we charge your card. I will make sure the funds collected get to Ian and I will cover the merchant fees on the transactions. If you need a receipt, I am happy to provide one, please ask; tim "at" buzzaudio.com

Thanks

http://ww4.aitsafe.com/cf/add.cfm?us...udioshop.co.nz
    Last edited by Tim Farrant; 03-10-2011 at 06:30 AM.
    Buzz Audio THE FUTURE OF GREAT RECORDINGS
    http://www.buzzaudio.com

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123