Thread: James O’Keefe strikes again - nails NPR senior exec and gets him canned

Default James O’Keefe strikes again - nails NPR senior exec and gets him canned

A man who appears to be a National Public Radio senior executive, Ron Schiller, has been captured on camera savaging conservatives and the Tea Party movement.

“The current Republican Party, particularly the Tea Party, is fanatically involved in people’s personal lives and very fundamental Christian – I wouldn’t even call it Christian. It’s this weird evangelical kind of move,” declared Schiller, the head of NPR’s nonprofit foundation, who last week announced his departure for the Aspen Institute.

In a new video released Tuesday morning by conservative filmmaker James O’Keefe, Schiller and Betsy Liley, NPR’s director of institutional giving, are seen meeting with two men who, unbeknownst to the NPR executives, are posing as members of a Muslim Brotherhood front group. The men, who identified themselves as Ibrahim Kasaam and Amir Malik from the fictitious Muslim Education Action Center (MEAC) Trust, met with Schiller and Liley at Café Milano, a well-known Georgetown restaurant, and explained their desire to give up to $5 million to NPR because, “the Zionist coverage is quite substantial elsewhere.”

On the tapes, Schiller wastes little time before attacking conservatives. The Republican Party, Schiller says, has been “hijacked by this group.” The man posing as Malik finishes the sentence by adding, “the radical, racist, Islamaphobic, Tea Party people.” Schiller agrees and intensifies the criticism, saying that the Tea Party people aren’t “just Islamaphobic, but really xenophobic, I mean basically they are, they believe in sort of white, middle-America gun-toting. I mean, it’s scary. They’re seriously racist, racist people.”

Schiller goes on to describe liberals as more intelligent and informed than conservatives. “In my personal opinion, liberals today might be more educated, fair and balanced than conservatives,” he said.

O’Keefe’s organization set up a fake website for MEAC to lend credibility to the fictitious group. On the site, MEAC states that its mission is combating “intolerance to spread acceptance of Sharia across the world.” At their lunch, the man posing as Kasaam told Schiller that MEAC contributes to a number of Muslim schools across the U.S. “Our organization was originally founded by a few members of the Muslim Brotherhood in America actually,” he says.

Schiller doesn’t blink. Instead, he assumes the role of fan. “I think what we all believe is if we don’t have Muslim voices in our schools, on the air,” Schiller says, “it’s the same thing we faced as a nation when we didn’t have female voices.”

When O’Keefe’s two associates pressed him into the topic, Schiller decried U.S. media coverage of Egypt’s uprising against former dictator Hosni Mubarak, especially talk of the Muslim Brotherhood’s influence on the protests and future of Egypt. Schiller said that is what he is “most disappointed by in this country, which is that the educated, so-called elite in this country is too small a percentage of the population, so that you have this very large un-educated part of the population that carries these ideas.”

When the man pretending to be Kasaam suggests to Schiller that “Jews do kind of control the media or, I mean, certainly the Zionists and the people who have the interests in swaying media coverage toward a favorable direction of Israel,” Schiller does not rebut him or stop eating. He just nods his head slightly.

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2011/03/08/np...#ixzz1G4HU5Xrb

NPR didn't like what they saw and placed Schiller on "administrative leave" today. Gotcha!!!
    Todd Robbins
    TX3 Productions, Inc.
    www.toddro.com

http://www.usatoday.com/communities/onpolitics/Index

NPR has announced that CEO Vivian Schiller has resigned in the wake of the video scandal. She is no relation to Ron Schiller, the rube in the video.
    Todd Robbins
    TX3 Productions, Inc.
    www.toddro.com

The unfortunate part is that he was speaking the truth. The Tea Party is racist, and it is scary.
    Lee Blaske
    Excelsior, MN
    http://www.reverbnation.com/leeblaske

Tommy Yonley is offline Gold Club Member (1000+ posts)

IMO, the most shocking thing about this story is that CEO Schiller was canned for merely expressing the sort of typical-Leftist viewpoint which is clearly widespread and commonplace amongst the NPR organization.

Gio is offline 3D VIP 2008, '09, '10, '11

Lee, is Mexico racist for wanting to protect their borders from the constant flow of illegals?
    Giovanni Fusco
    On Staff Here
    My Place

"Real People, Real Performances."

Tommy Yonley is offline Gold Club Member (1000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Blaske View Post
    The unfortunate part is that he was speaking the truth. The Tea Party is racist, and it is scary.
    So in your opinion, what would happen if a black speaker was scheduled to speak at a TEA party rally? I suppose you would expect that he would get boo'd off the stage, maybe tarred and feathered (or worse)? Are there any examples of black people attending a TEA party event being mistreated?

If the TEA party is so racist, can you give an example of racist speech being uttered by a TEA party speaker?

If the TEA parties are so racist, why are they defended by black conservatives? http://www.nationalcenter.org/P21PR-...ty_030411.html
    http://dailycaller.com/2011/03/01/pr...lter-fauntroy/

http://www.teapartyexpress.tv/blog/w...rence-08042010
    William Owens (a black man) has spoken at at least 150 TEA party rallies. If the TEA parties were actually so racist, how is it possible that they can routinely have black speakers at the TEA party rallies?

I am not proposing that there are no TEA party members who are racists, however, for you to claim that the TEA party is a racist organization, I think that you have to plausibly demonstrate two things:
    #1. The TEA parties exhibit more racism than a reasonable alternative such as either the general population or other political groups.
    #2. The TEA party leadership is somehow accepting/supporting racism, or at least not acting to reject racism.

I think that the vast majority of conservatives and TEA party members, and particularly all TEA party leaders which I am aware of, simply reject racism. I think that the TEA parties are highly welcoming to black (or any other race/ethnicity) conservative members and speakers.

The common theme regarding accusations of racism against the TEA parties is that they are made by liberals who oppose the TEA party, and wish to discredit it by any means possible. We have even seen many instances of leftists posing as racists (and other sorts of crazy) infiltrating the TEA parties. When the Left failed to find the racism they so desperately wished to see at the TEA parties, they simply created it themselves.

-----

Finally, let's use the power of logic on this issue: http://biggovernment.com/lmeyers/201...-racist-label/

Gallup says that “Tea Partiers are quite representative of the public at large”. Are we to conclude that the public at large is racist?
    Six percent of those polled by Gallup are African-American and support the Tea Party. Are we to conclude these African-Americans are racist?
    Rasmussen Reports tells us “63% of Mainstream Americans say their views are closer to the Tea Party”. Are we to conclude that two-thirds of Mainstream Americans are racist?
    The Winston Group reports that 41% of Tea Partiers are either Independent or Democrats. Are we to conclude that all of these people are racist?

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Blaske View Post
    Fired for speaking the truth??? I thought NPR was much more even-keeled than that...

Watch 'em squirm here:

R. Schiller: "While the meeting I participated in turned out to be a ruse, I made statements during the course of the meeting that are counter to NPR's values and also not reflective of my own beliefs," he said in a statement Tuesday. "I offer my sincere apology to those I offended."

---

"The comments contained in the video released today are contrary to everything we stand for, and we completely disavow the views expressed," NPR spokeswoman Dana Davis Rehm said in a statement. "NPR is fair and open minded about the people we cover. Our reporting reflects those values every single day -- in the civility of our programming, the range of opinions we reflect and the diversity of stories we tell."
    Last edited by Todd Robbins; 03-09-2011 at 07:40 PM.
    Todd Robbins
    TX3 Productions, Inc.
    www.toddro.com

They've been talking about this on NPR quite a bit this morning. (At least they were until I went to work.)
    Lynn Fuston
    3D Audio

Making beautiful music SEEM easy since 1979.

Quote Originally Posted by 3daudioinc View Post
    They've been talking about this on NPR quite a bit this morning. (At least they were until I went to work.)
    I'm sure they are... there is what, around $450 million on the table right now? And in an era where the country is broke, deficits are at all time highs, debts are at all time highs, spending is at all time highs, and this jack-leg is running around spouting off this vitriol at the same time NPR is trying to present itself as "fair and open-minded". They are proving themselves to be anything but. This whole NPR thing is a joke. Pull the plug on the whole thing, and let them go to Sirius. They aren't much more than a federally funded "Air America", except instead of Al Franken, they have Big Bird and Mr. Snuffleupagus...
    Todd Robbins
    TX3 Productions, Inc.
    www.toddro.com

The Tea Party movement is only scary to Leftists realize that the great unwashed masses are waking up to their BS.
    Racism is a charge they level when they have nothing of substance to offer and they see their power slipping away.

Schiller's comments not only reflect his own beliefs but the entire culture at NPR.
    Screw 'em.
    Pull their funding and let them hold bake sales to stay on the air.