Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: LSU hosting a good ol' flag burning

Default LSU hosting a good ol' flag burning

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2011/05/10...rning-protest/

A student at Louisiana State University reportedly is planning to burn an American flag on campus Wednesday as part of a peaceful protest, the student newspaper reports.

Benjamin Hass, a communication studies graduate student, has reportedly followed university procedure in seeking clearance to host the flag-burning protest at noon on the Baton Rouge campus.

Thank God he's not burning a Qur'an. We wouldn't want anybody upset or offended...
    Todd Robbins
    TX3 Productions, Inc.
    www.toddro.com

Wireline is offline 3D VIP 2004, '05, '06, '08, '09, '10

What a complete idiot...this is like asking permission to run amok. Topping off the stupidity by requesting cadets and a bugler is beyond my comprehension.

Let Bubba, Leroy, and a couple other good ol boys explain what he seemed to miss out on in Critical Thinking 101
    Ken Morgan
    2010 3d VIP

Quote Originally Posted by Wireline View Post
    What a complete idiot...this is like asking permission to run amok. Topping off the stupidity by requesting cadets and a bugler is beyond my comprehension.

Let Bubba, Leroy, and a couple other good ol boys explain what he seemed to miss out on in Critical Thinking 101
    The cadets and the bugler have been invited to the counter-demonstration, to be led by the LSU Student Government president. There, they plan to say the Pledge and sing the National Anthem, and have requested the cadets join them.

Still, it's interesting that LSU will let this unfold when if this guy had asked permission to burn a Koran, there would have been all hell breaking loose. The difference? LSU officials obviously understand that for the most part, American are sensible people. While they may be upset or offended by seeing their flag burned, it's not to going to whip them up into a rage where they might place bombs on their body and run into crowded malls shouting praises to George Washington or Thomas Jefferson.

Now, if you were to burn a Koran...
    Todd Robbins
    TX3 Productions, Inc.
    www.toddro.com

Wireline is offline 3D VIP 2004, '05, '06, '08, '09, '10

Quote Originally Posted by Todd Robbins View Post
    ....for the most part, American are sensible people....
    I used to think so - Now, a brief scan thru any news outlet proves this is no longer the case

Now, if you were to burn a Koran...
    It would make headlines all over the planet, and certainly rile up those who protect all forms of religious expression - except Christianity
    Ken Morgan
    2010 3d VIP

Looks like this clown had second thoughts when he showed up and the entire mall area was jammed with people holding flags and water balloons.

Epic, epic fail...
    Todd Robbins
    TX3 Productions, Inc.
    www.toddro.com

Looks like this clown had second thoughts when he showed up and the entire mall area was jammed with people holding flags and water balloons.

Epic, epic fail...
    Thanks for that little ray of sunshine.
    : )
    Perhaps there is hope after all.

What a cool counter-protest. No violence, no blood. Nothing but a target-rich environment with adequate suppression, in hand.

I like it.

He had a perfect right to speak, and could have. Cold, and wet, over the noise of a counter-demonstration. But he decided to leave. Right to speak notwithstanding, nobody had to listen.
    Last edited by hbphotoav; 05-12-2011 at 05:32 AM.
    Harry Butler Photography, Videography and AV Production
    www.harrybutlerphotoav.com

"I'm CDO. That's like OCD, but the letters are in alphabetical order. As they should be." Seen on a T-Shirt.

I'm still amazed LSU approved the flag burning. There is absolutely zero chance they would approve a Koran burning, but I would wager the Bible is fair game, just like the flag...
    Todd Robbins
    TX3 Productions, Inc.
    www.toddro.com

Y'know, I'm all for the freedoms that allow Americans to burn their own flag as a symbol of protest, and I'll die fighting to protect those freedoms and any other citizens' right to burn said flag (even if faced with a gang toting water balloons, LOL!) but I still think the best way to avoid this kind of fracas would be, rather than attempting to "regulate freedom" [sic] we simply regulate commerce:

Make it illegal to manufacture American flags out of flammable fabrics.

badda-boom, badda-bing, problem solved.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Ross View Post
    Y'know, I'm all for the freedoms that allow Americans to burn their own flag as a symbol of protest, and I'll die fighting to protect those freedoms and any other citizens' right to burn said flag (even if faced with a gang toting water balloons, LOL!) but I still think the best way to avoid this kind of fracas would be, rather than attempting to "regulate freedom" [sic] we simply regulate commerce:

Make it illegal to manufacture American flags out of flammable fabrics.

badda-boom, badda-bing, problem solved.
    Curious if you would also fight for a citizen wanting to burn the Koran? Or should that be made inflammable as well?
    Todd Robbins
    TX3 Productions, Inc.
    www.toddro.com

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast