Thread: A useful app for your Mac... Caffeine

Icon14 A useful app for your Mac... Caffeine

I've actually been using this for about a year, now, and wanted to share for those that don't. I can't remember if I've mentioned this in the past. It works great on the studio computer while I'm running PT, especially while editing and mixing. I also have it on the laptop whenever I start it uploading or downloading stuff that will take a while. If I had to name the most useful (free) app I've ever used, this would be it.

http://download.cnet.com/Caffeine/30...-11327884.html
    Quarter Note Recording
    Kinston, NC
    www.quarternotestudio.com
    QNS on Facebook

I've had something similar for 15 years on any machine I use in production world... it's called "Energy Saver" and "Never, Never, NEVER!"

;-)

HB
    Harry Butler Photography, Videography and AV Production
    www.harrybutlerphotoav.com

"I'm CDO. That's like OCD, but the letters are in alphabetical order. As they should be." Seen on a T-Shirt.

I solved that old problem a different way. I dumped PT and went to Logic Pro which is actually programmed natively for OSX, and CAN go to sleep, like any well coded computer program should be able to do.
    Lee Blaske
    Excelsior, MN
    http://www.reverbnation.com/leeblaske

Scott Fraser is offline Gold Club Member (1000+ posts)

Kinda seems like a solution looking for a problem, to me. I just don't find myself ever changing those settings.

Scott Fraser

Quote Originally Posted by hbphotoav View Post
    I've had something similar for 15 years on any machine I use in production world... it's called "Energy Saver" and "Never, Never, NEVER!"

;-)

HB
    On a Windows machine, yes. I agree. But on my studio's Mac, I kinda want the best of both worlds: To be able to have the screen saver and sleep option when we take long breaks between sessions, etc., but to be able to "choose" to temporarily disable the screen saver or sleep functions at will, mainly while I still have PT running with a project loaded. I realize it's not for everyone, but it has been working great for my workflow. Lee, I don't use Logic enough to actually know how it behaves with a screen saver or sleep!
    Quarter Note Recording
    Kinston, NC
    www.quarternotestudio.com
    QNS on Facebook