Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Preamps - Crane Song Flamingo and Buzz Audio MA2

Default Preamps - Crane Song Flamingo and Buzz Audio MA2

Buzz Audio MA2 - $1400 CAD available

also in excellent functioning and cosmetic condition. Original version of the MA2's. Tim Farrant's comments about the difference between the MA2 and the MA2.2...
    Quote Originally Posted by Tim Farrant
    The only real difference is the type of transistor used on the output of the discrete amplifiers and we now use the WIMA capacitors instead of the Philips brand. The power supply was outboard, because the original chassis could carry 4 channel cards.
    Last time I spoke with Tim a few years back he still had extra preamps for this unit if you desired to expand this 1u rack from 2 to 4 preamps, it might still be possible. Original documentation included. This preamp has a history here at 3dB and I'm hoping someone here will continue the legacy.

Crane Song Flamingo - $1850 CAD SOLD

In excellent functioning and cosmetic condition. This is the version with "iron" and "fat(sound)". Included is the manual, cable and box. The sound is fantastic, always loved it on drum overheads, acoustic guitar/piano, vocals, horns and of course it will do fine audio duty on anything you throw at it.

Use V4B 5H7 to figure out shipping costs to your area.
    Prices in Canadian dollars. Paypal.

Attachment 3349
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	120209-CraneSong-B.jpg 
Views:	150 
Size:	156.0 KB 
ID:	3350   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	111231-CraneSong..jpg 
Views:	99 
Size:	16.7 KB 
ID:	3351  
    Last edited by Mike Derrick; 07-18-2012 at 07:46 AM.

Two of my favorites.
    Lynn Fuston
    3D Audio

Making beautiful music SEEM easy since 1979.

Thanks Lynn, mine too. Hate selling gear I love so much, but life changes and right now I have no studio space and a pile of beautiful gear not being used. If anyone is local (vancouver, bc) I'd consider renting out some gear. Probably gonna let go of other treasures soon too...

Mike, PM me your email address please and I'll email you some cash for the Flamingo. Super excited to get that thing in front of the Orpheus.

Corey, Good to talk with you over the phone. This preamp is amazing and I hope it will help you make some great audio for years to come. Cheers!

Likewise Mike, love your philosophy. Super excited about the Flamingo.

Got the Flamingo, thanks for everything Mike. Killer packing job. For anyone reading this, Mike was awesome to deal with, 5 star review from me.

Furthermore this Flamingo is amazing. Just perfect for what I needed. It makes the built-in Prism preamps on the Orpheus sound like Mackie VLZs. Anyone looking for a clean pre should definitely check this one out, it's a winner. I feel super lucky to have such a thing.

Buzz still available

I have the MA2.2 and it's just stunning. Someone needs to buy this.
    John Whitmer

"They didn't want it good, they wanted it Wednesday."
    --Robert A. Heinlein

Hi Mike !

My name is Jasenko Veselinovic and I am living in Croatia.I am a seaman by profession and guitar playing and recording is my hobby.Few days ago I purchased 3d Audio Mic pre CD.From all of the mic pres I liked the Buzz the best.Then I started to dig in and I saw that Your unit is still for sale.I have a few questions about Your model,MA- 2.

1.Is it an option to use a transformer avaliable on MA- 2 ( the MA2.2 has that option).If yes ,does Your unit coming with or without the tranny ?

2.What about the power supply ,is it build in the MA-2 or it is build on the separate chassis ?

3.What is the input impedance on the MA-2 ?On the MA2.2 there are two options ,High Z ( 3 k ohms) and Low Z (1k2 ohms).From the photo I get the impression that is only one impedance value avaliable on the MA-2.

I can pay You by Pay Pal or Wire transfer.The unit should be delivered to the US adresse which I will provide later.I will join the ship by the begining of June 2012 and I will come back home by the begining of September 2012.I will visit New York by the begining of October 2012 in order to buy guitar and some gear.I can pay You now,that is not a problem.Can you keep the unit with You and then send it to New York during my staying there ( one week )?

By the way, 18 years ago I was sailing in Your part of the world,December 1994,from Vancouver via Squamish and Kittimat all the way to Prince Rupert and then back to Vancouver.The nature is really beatifull there.I hope I will visit those parts one more time.

Greetings !

Jasenko

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast