Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Preamps - Crane Song Flamingo and Buzz Audio MA2

Croatian Wire Transfer? Careful Mike. Jasenko may very well be a good guy and this a valid sale but the delivery terms here are super consistent with several known scams. There's one guy here in Calgary who accepted wire transfer on a 1978 Fender P Bass which later turned out to be fraudulent -> long story short he lost the bass and the bank took the money back. He was left with no bass, and no cash. This from a seemingly "OK" wire transfer which the bank put through and then later caught. I think it was like 30 days between the sale and the time he found out the transfer was fraudulent.

Easy solution -> Jasenko makes direct deposit, cash, in advance, such as I did when I bought your Flamingo. Problem solved.

Apologies Jasenko if you are the real deal my friend.

Hi Rowan !

Apologies accepted.I know that in this fast Internet days people are afraid to do bussiness with some unseen,virtual person from the other side of the world, but if You did carefully read my proposition regarding the payment I mentioned the PayPal as well.That is just what You had said ( direct deposit,cash,in advance) with about 5 months between the payment( now) and delivery ( October 2012).

Hi again Mike !

If You want we can speak by phone or we can comunicate through Skype as well.Also I can ask Adam Brass ( Roc Mixwell from the Gearslutz) from the well known audio gear shop DSP Doctor to give You a call and verify my existence.Last year I bought DW Fearn VT 12 from him and also we met few years ago at the Mercenary Audio HQ while he was still with them.

Greetings to all !

Jasenko

Apologies accepted.I know that in this fast Internet days people are afraid to do bussiness with some unseen,virtual person from the other side of the world, but if You did carefully read my proposition regarding the payment I mentioned the PayPal as well.That is just what You had said ( direct deposit,cash,in advance) with about 5 months between the payment( now) and delivery ( October 2012).
    None of my business. Not trying to queer a sale for Mike, I'm sure he can use it. Just seems super unusual is all.

For what it's worth, Jasenko bought the files and listened and contacted me first to get permission to join the board and pursue it. He asked all those questions to me privately before offering them here. All that means is that, while I can't vouch for his money, I can vouch for the fact that he is a real person who really took the time to listen and cares about preamps.
    Lynn Fuston
    3D Audio

Making beautiful music SEEM easy since 1979.

There are 3 switches: 48V phantom, -20dB at the input, phase. As well as the gain knob and peak light.

Quote Originally Posted by woody View Post
    Hi Mike !

1.Is it an option to use a transformer avaliable on MA- 2 ( the MA2.2 has that option).If yes ,does Your unit coming with or without the tranny ?
    No option to select trans or not.

2.What about the power supply ,is it build in the MA-2 or it is build on the separate chassis ?
    Separate unit.

3.What is the input impedance on the MA-2 ?On the MA2.2 there are two options ,High Z ( 3 k ohms) and Low Z (1k2 ohms).From the photo I get the impression that is only one impedance value avaliable on the MA-2.
    No impedance selection. Input impedance is 1500 ohms.

For what it's worth, Jasenko bought the files and listened and contacted me first to get permission to join the board and pursue it. He asked all those questions to me privately before offering them here. All that means is that, while I can't vouch for his money, I can vouch for the fact that he is a real person who really took the time to listen and cares about preamps.
    Apologies if I was out of line here. Best of luck for a quick sale Mike.

Caution is always advised when conducting business over the internet. I agree that this has several "red flags" but may indeed be legit.

It was wise advice to be careful.
    Lynn Fuston
    3D Audio

Making beautiful music SEEM easy since 1979.

Hi Mark !

Thanks for the answers.I do not have a problem with fixed impedance and the separated PSU , but I like this exchangeable tranny option.I need to reed some more reviews,check if I can find some more samples and think a bit more .I will do that in the next few days and then I will contact You again and let You know about my decision.

Regarding the unusual aspects of my proposition ( payment/ delivery) it all comes simply to one.It is cheaper to buy the gear in USA and if I buy few pieces I rather spend the transport money on myself then on the gear.Like that I can enjoy New York for a week and try some guitars .Since I am expecting the delivery of the guitar I ordered from Chad Underwood by the end of September,everything is centered around that date and that is the reason I will travel in October .

Greetings !

Jasenko

Here's the deal with how I deal.

Number 1, in general, nothing is ever officially sold until money changes hands.

Number 2, Whatever is for sale goes temporary off the market behind the scenes if there is some serious negotiations taking place leading to a sale. However the ad will remain the same in appearance until the item is officially sold. I don't announce negotiations in the ad. Sometimes people back out, so the ad remains unchanged until money changes hands and item is shipped.

Number 3, Dealing with unusual requests. If it's too weird or suspicious, I won't make the deal.

In regards to your posts so far Jasenko. Questions about the Buzz are welcome. Leaving your personal details publicly in this thread are not needed at this time. Saying that you've traveled to my part of the world does not make me trust you more or less.

For you and anyone else, I will not hold gear for anyone for any length of time unless we're in serious negotiations for the sale of the item.

I will not hold gear after the deal is done. Once the money changes hands, it gets shipped. Surely this is self explanatory as to why it would be unwise for so many reasons to hang on to someone else's gear after a deal is done.

At this time the Buzz is still for sale...

Hi Mark !

Thanks for the clarification.The cost of Your unit + the transport costs to Croatia is coming very close to the cost of new MA 2.2 with the tranny option included so I will pass Your MA-2 and get the MA 2.2 instead.

Greetings !

Jasenko

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast