Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Miktek CV4

Scott Fraser is offline Gold Club Member (1000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by QNote View Post
    The Sony C800 has an additional "heat sink," cooling tube, and probably some freon, or something. So, there ya go. A little bit of aluminum and an ounce of freon doesn't come cheap, these days.
    All of which not a single other maker of tube microphones has seen any need for.

SF

PookyNR is offline 3D VIP 2005, '06, '07, '08, '09, '10, '11, '12, '13, '14

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Fraser View Post
    Why, I believe it's made of a substance known as hype. It's a not particularly rare element, but, when added to common materials, results in increased revenues.
    Ha! That made me laugh out loud. Well done.
    Am I the only one without a small type signature?

Nathan

PookyNR is offline 3D VIP 2005, '06, '07, '08, '09, '10, '11, '12, '13, '14

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Fraser View Post
    All of which not a single other maker of tube microphones has seen any need for.
    I wouldn't mind a refrigerator attached to my microphone if it dispensed beer.

Now for that feature I could see my self spending $8k on mic...
    Am I the only one without a small type signature?

Nathan

David Klausner is offline Gold Club Member (1000+ posts)

What would you pay for a guitar amp that dispenses beer?

http://usa.marshallfridge.com/

Quote Originally Posted by David Klausner View Post
    What would you pay for a guitar amp that dispenses beer?

http://usa.marshallfridge.com/
    Super cool!
    Quarter Note Recording
    Kinston, NC
    www.quarternotestudio.com
    QNS on Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by PookyNR View Post
    I wouldn't mind a refrigerator attached to my microphone if it dispensed beer.

Now for that feature I could see my self spending $8k on mic...
    Or... spend $150 for a used keg-er-ator and the other $7850 on a whole passel of mics, preamps, whatever... or on 6 months worth of quality 1/4-kegs...
    Harry Butler Photography, Videography and AV Production
    www.harrybutlerphotoav.com

"I'm CDO. That's like OCD, but the letters are in alphabetical order. As they should be." Seen on a T-Shirt.

Hey Prentice,

You have me curious now. As you may recall, I was looking to replace some mics that were stolen, one being a 414. You talked about the 4047. To be honest, I've been wanting something better. Oh shoot, I'd really like to have a Brauner but I in no way could afford that. So, I'm looking for "value-priced" version. Now you just purchased and have had a few moments to play with this new Miktek CV4. So? Something I should look at? I've also thought of something like a Lewitt, but I've not heard any of their product in the $1,000-$1,500 price range. I'm also considering Mojave Audio stuff. Just looking for something special, maybe even a tad euphonic.
    Henry Grimmius
    Fresno, CA

Hi Henry, you could consider our CM47 or CM67SE microphones.

Here is a review written by Lynn.

http://www.prosoundnetwork.com/artic...crophone/16114

Joe West at Gasoline Studio in Nashville has 6 of our microphones.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RSntKwMPz5Y

Our CM54 Shoeps type pencil condenser which comes with an OMNI and CARD capsule easily out perform the SM81 microphones.

We also make a CM414 which is my version of the original AKG 414eb. We use the same 2 stage class "A" discrete transformer coupled circuit as the original 414 and a capsule response within <2db of the original CK12 capsule response.

We could even offer your Church a 10% professional discount.

Cheers, Dave
    www.aamicrophones.com

Thanks, Dave. I'll have to look into your mics a bit more. I think I'm good with fet47-like mics as I have 4 of them. I've got to send two back out for repairs (for at least the 2nd-3rd time). These are used rarely, except for low frequency stuff and rock male vocals. I should really think of selling a pair of them. Got these back when we had some U47's that were more trouble for live stage use at the time. Oh what a mistake. I'd be good with those.

I personally own 2 U67's. Pretty early models (Serial number in the 2##-3##) with two different grill baskets. All original, except for a local tech working on the power supply to change the impedance tap and checking voltage levels. For some reason, both mics only work in cardioid mode, although I can hear something going on when I change the patten switch. I need to send them away and get them back up to snuff.

I do remember my first exposure to C12's back in the early 80's in a long-gone studio in Glendale CA named MCA Whitney Studios. I had never heard a mic quite like that. Gorgeous! Heard them on piano and on vocals. Have not used them since, unfortunately. Out of my price range but would love to find something like that but most imitators are too spitty in the top end.

Oh, and I have plenty of Schoeps-type mics as we have 8 CMC-6 bodies, 4 MK4 and 4 MK21H.

Like I said, I'll do some checking on your mics, and thanks for the generous offer.
    Last edited by Henry Grimmius; 05-28-2013 at 02:32 AM.
    Henry Grimmius
    Fresno, CA

Quote Originally Posted by Henry Grimmius View Post
    Hey Prentice,...Now you just purchased and have had a few moments to play with this new Miktek CV4. So? Something I should look at?
    Yes! You probably should. BUT...it's not what I would consider a "universal" mic, great on most anything. It has a "niche" that seems well suited to vocals and acoustic guitar. I haven't been able to use it on a lot of stuff, yet, but as the opportunities come along, I will push it to see how it stacks up with other mics that I trust on other sources. But, if you want a great vocal mic that doubles well as an acoustic guitar mic, it's definitely a contender. I'm still "learning" this mic, too. Keep that in mind. But, it's certainly a keeper here at my studio.
    Quarter Note Recording
    Kinston, NC
    www.quarternotestudio.com
    QNS on Facebook

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast