Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Any thoughts on the Grammy show?

Default Any thoughts on the Grammy show?

For tge first time in years, I actually watched the whole thing, 3.5 hours worth. It was, uh, interesting. So were comments from friends. Lots of critique. What did you think?
    Lynn Fuston
    3D Audio

Making beautiful music SEEM easy since 1979.

I haven't watched in over a decade now. I always tape it JUST in case something really special happens (hope springs eternal). Then I watch it on fast forward to see if there's anything of interest. Based on most comments on Facebook, there's not going to be any reason to slow down the tape. ;-)

From one of the most famous names in gospel music of our day:

There was once a time when a Grammy award was something that I aspired to win. No more…No more. I'm done. I am a huge fan of secular music that is done with style, taste, substance, and musical quality. NOT noise. After tonight, the value of a Grammy is in more trouble than the value of the american dollar. God have mercy on the music world.
    ... M. Trammell
    Quarter Note Recording
    Kinston, NC
    www.quarternotestudio.com
    QNS on Facebook

It's simply horrible. Totally and completely laughable. Beyonce, in the opening number, had her labia hanging out of her outfit and that is not an exaggeration. I just shake my head these days…
    Todd Robbins
    TX3 Productions, Inc.
    www.toddro.com

It's confusing, very confusing. So many agendas trying to define what it means to be hip. So few actually do.

From a technical perspective I am amazed an awards show that is all about music, doesn't hire good sound people that know how to mix for people at home watching on TV. Case in point, Keith Urban. There was no balance between his guitar and Gary Clark's. That is mixing 101, turn up the featured parts or in this case, simply balance the guitars to make the performance more enjoyable for listeners (both in the hall and through TV).

I'm done with Beyoncé and JZ. Nice people. Nothing new in terms of art evolving.

Quote Originally Posted by Todd Robbins View Post
    It's simply horrible. Totally and completely laughable. Beyonce, in the opening number, had her labia hanging out of her outfit and that is not an exaggeration. I just shake my head these days…
    Lol. That picture you posted did indeed look more like a snapshot from an episode of HBO's Real Sex than a music awards show.

Anyway, her body made her super rich (obviously, if she was fat and ugly we'd never have heard of her) so I guess she's just doing more of the same, show more booty, make more money. No clue.
    Last edited by Lawrence; 01-27-2014 at 10:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Todd Robbins View Post
    Of all the things one could complain about in last night's telecast, visible labia seems like it oughtta be pretty far down on the list.

When I read what Todd wrote (labia) I got this immediate image of Seinfeld in my head .... "Mulva?"

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Ross View Post
    Of all the things one could complain about in last night's telecast, visible labia seems like it oughtta be pretty far down on the list.
    We're to the point where an acceptable definition of "performing" on Primetime TV is a woman with her labia hanging out of her thong and she shimmies her ass for the camera? Gosh, it wasn't but a few years ago when the country was outraged that Janet Jackson flashed a boob… Never mind the horrible songs and awful performances. How about a modicum of decency?

Kudos to Natalie Grant for walking out of the show. http://www.infowars.com/christian-si...-performances/
    Todd Robbins
    TX3 Productions, Inc.
    www.toddro.com

Wireline is offline 3D VIP 2004, '05, '06, '08, '09, '10

Quote Originally Posted by Lawrence View Post
    When I read what Todd wrote (labia) I got this immediate image of Seinfeld in my head .... "Mulva?"
    The Summer of Gorge
    Ken Morgan
    2010 3d VIP

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast