Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Crime in Canada is getting out of hand (video)

PookyNR is offline 3D VIP 2005, '06, '07, '08, '09, '10, '11, '12, '13, '14

Quote Originally Posted by musical charities View Post
    Burnaby for starts. After I marry my Canadian fiancé, there are still a few hoops to jump through, but we think Vancouver Island will also present some great options for the future!
    Burnaby is OK. Vancouver Island is gorgeous. BC in general is not bad. Taxes are a bit high, but there is no shortage of natural beauty, as you likely know. Good luck with the move!
    Am I the only one without a small type signature?

Nathan

I would definitely take Vancouver Island over Burnaby! As for the cost of living, it will take some getting used to paying almost 6 dollars for a dinky, small, bag of shredded cheese, that's for sure.

I will admit, I've gotten spoiled in other ways. I've taken it for granted how much our grocery stores down here cater to Mexican food and cooking. I had the hardest time finding corn tortillas to make enchiladas a few months ago!
    "Use what talents you possess; the woods would be very silent if no birds sang there except those that sang best." --Henry Van Dyke

On a side note, looks like I'll end up moving to a rather weird part of the U.S. first while I wait for my immigration paperwork to be completed ; Point Roberts, WA.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Point_Roberts,_Washington

I'll actually have to drive into Canada to get there, rather ironically...

I never thought I'd see a gas station in the U.S. charging per liter (or is that litre?), but nevertheless, in Point Roberts, such is the case.

I'll be in 5 square miles of pure isolation with the U.S. and Canada border kiosk as my private "security station" to my residence...
    "Use what talents you possess; the woods would be very silent if no birds sang there except those that sang best." --Henry Van Dyke

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12