Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I have to brag...

Default I have to brag...

Three new projects in the works over the last 2 weeks: Emmylou Harris, Trisha Yearwood, and Kelly Clarkson. I can confidently report that there are still ladies getting it done behind a microphone without Auto-Dyning. I have heard some amazing vocal takes! We're talking 2 take comps. We're talking about doing 3 songs worth master vocals in one day and making an 8pm dinner reservation - and starting at noon. Bam!
    Todd Robbins
    TX3 Productions, Inc.
    www.toddro.com

Brian Shillito is offline 3D VIP 2010, '11, '12, '13. '14

Quote Originally Posted by Todd Robbins View Post
    Three new projects in the works over the last 2 weeks: Emmylou Harris, Trisha Yearwood, and Kelly Clarkson. I can confidently report that there are still ladies getting it done behind a microphone without Auto-Dyning. I have heard some amazing vocal takes! We're talking 2 take comps. We're talking about doing 3 songs worth master vocals in one day and making an 8pm dinner reservation - and starting at noon. Bam!
    Very cool!

Best regards, Brian.
    Brian Shillito
    Blackfish Sound Studio
    West Vancouver B.C.

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000844248569

Who added the "AT"?

Pretty awesome stuff. Love Emmylou, would love to hear those recordings or how they were made.

PookyNR is offline 3D VIP 2005, '06, '07, '08, '09, '10, '11, '12, '13, '14

That's awesome! Always great to hear when artists have serious skills!

Is Jason Halbert still working with Clarkson? It did a gig with him a decade ago. He was great to work with.
    Am I the only one without a small type signature?

Nathan

Nice to hear Trisha Yearwood is still active. I have to admit I haven't heard much from her since the 90's. Keep us posted on the projects (and sneak us some audio clips)!
    Quarter Note Recording
    Kinston, NC
    www.quarternotestudio.com
    QNS on Facebook

Wireline is offline 3D VIP 2004, '05, '06, '08, '09, '10

Nice work, amigo. Very nice
    Ken Morgan
    2010 3d VIP

Quote Originally Posted by PookyNR View Post
    That's awesome! Always great to hear when artists have serious skills!

Is Jason Halbert still working with Clarkson? It did a gig with him a decade ago. He was great to work with.
    Yes, Jason is still her musical director. I worked with him back in the day via dc talk (Jesus Freak & Supernatural era) when he was their MD on the road. Great guy. Also, Miles McPherson who is the son of famous session guitarist Jerry McPherson is her drummer - and he is a killer drummer!
    Todd Robbins
    TX3 Productions, Inc.
    www.toddro.com

Quote Originally Posted by QNote View Post
    Nice to hear Trisha Yearwood is still active. I have to admit I haven't heard much from her since the 90's. Keep us posted on the projects (and sneak us some audio clips)!
    Man, she is singing GREAT! I believe she has 2 new projects coming out soon. One of them is re-makes of all of her hits (re-recorded faithfully note for note to the originals) and another is all new material. Killer stuff - she is a phenomenal singer.
    Todd Robbins
    TX3 Productions, Inc.
    www.toddro.com

PookyNR is offline 3D VIP 2005, '06, '07, '08, '09, '10, '11, '12, '13, '14

Yes, Jason is still her musical director. I worked with him back in the day via dc talk (Jesus Freak & Supernatural era) when he was their MD on the road. Great guy. Also, Miles McPherson who is the son of famous session guitarist Jerry McPherson is her drummer - and he is a killer drummer!
    I don't know Miles. But when I was a teen-age roadie starting out I did get to brush shoulders with Jerry. He's been a favourite. So talented.
    Am I the only one without a small type signature?

Nathan

Quote Originally Posted by PookyNR View Post
    I don't know Miles. But when I was a teen-age roadie starting out I did get to brush shoulders with Jerry. He's been a favourite. So talented.
    Jerry has one of the coolest home recording setups I've seen - a robotic arm that moves his mics from guitar cabinet to guitar cabinet with fine tuning controls that allow you to very precisely position the mic "just so". He has a 57 and a 409 on the arm. The cabinets are in a soundproof room in his basement and the arm is controlled from the studio on the main level upstairs. Each cabinet is loaded as a "preset" on the arm, and then once in front of the cabinet, you can fine tune left/right, up/down, and axis/angle to get exactly what you want. It is like adjusting an eq knob, as you can imagine. Very, very cool. He built this thing himself out of robotic parts he purchased on ebay...
    Todd Robbins
    TX3 Productions, Inc.
    www.toddro.com

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast