Thread: Spritis, Ghosts, Etc

Wireline is offline 3D VIP 2004, '05, '06, '08, '09, '10

Default Spritis, Ghosts, Etc

Just wondering…how many of the esteemed 3D panelists believe in such things, and have some personal experiences with them?

I know I have quite a few.
    Ken Morgan
    2010 3d VIP

Depends on your definitions of "spirits" and "ghosts". As always portrayed in the movies? Nope.
    Quarter Note Recording
    Kinston, NC
    www.quarternotestudio.com
    QNS on Facebook

Ghosts? Never encountered one yet. Spirits? There were lots of "spirits" in the studios back in the 70s, sometimes a whole table top full of them.

Demons? Yea, I believe.
    Lynn Fuston
    3D Audio

Making beautiful music SEEM easy since 1979.

Wireline is offline 3D VIP 2004, '05, '06, '08, '09, '10

Well…

When stationed at Ft Sam Houston, I did encounter what was believed to be the ghost of Geronimo at the original fort, the Quadrangle clock tower, where he was imprisoned for a period of time (no pun intended)… this was just one of hundreds of such sightings.

The NATO nuclear weapons facility I worked was built on a Luftwaffe bomber base built on a cemetery…the things that went on inside there were pretty frightening at times. Seen otherwise stable men empty M16 clips into walls, 6'7" former athletes weeping in fear, children's fingerprints on shined boots and other polished surfaces in a location which no one could have entered/exited without tripping a dozen layers of sophisticated alarms, etc…

And of course, my former commercial place was the site of a rather unpleasant suicide; with the 2d floor rumored to be 'haunted' by several former occupants. Some clients said they saw someone in the back part of the building, even though we were the only ones there (I never mentioned this specter unless someone brought it up). Never saw him direct face to face, but did see him hundreds of times peripherally, and saw the outcome of his pretense all the time - dishes moved, doors upstairs opened, lights turned on, so forth. There was a bathroom upstairs that some previous tenant had installed a butterfly latch ON THE OUTSIDE of the door - when I first moved in, I investigated a bit, and beneath a bad layer of paint discovered some unpleasant paintings of despair and sadness…it was here, I was told, the guy committed suicide. I ended up leaving the door braced partially open so whoever was there could move about freely.

Demons - oh yes
    Ken Morgan
    2010 3d VIP

PookyNR is offline 3D VIP 2005, '06, '07, '08, '09, '10, '11, '12, '13, '14

I do believe in 'ghosts' a.k.a. spirits of the human dead that are wandering and not at rest. As a 'junior' theologian, there is a significant textual argument to be made for such things (I say that for other Christians who may find the suggestion 'unsupported').

I was soft on the issue until my daughter and I had a personal experience. Very long story short, we saw a very clearly visible manifestation of an elderly woman in a house we used to rent. Asking some of the neighbours about who lived there before us (without sharing the ghost story), I learned of an elderly woman - who was described as what we saw - who had lived and later died in the home from a horrible disease. My daughter never heard that story (until many years later) and I never described to her what I saw (so as not to taint her story). She saw this manifestation when she was a year and a half old, barely verbal. She's now 18, but she can still describe with perfect clarity what she saw that day. (She actually saw it first and I came later after her screams.) It was a very traumatizing event for her. I didn't care for it much either.

My brother (who didn't believe in anything at the time) used to live in an apartment in Winnipeg that was built upon a place where there was a significant war between aboriginal people and colonial soldiers. He would frequently see and hear aboriginal people in that apartment building. He didn't know the history of the site until after seeing multiple manifestations.
    Am I the only one without a small type signature?

Nathan