Thread: IT Courses?

Default IT Courses?

So, what kind of IT course would one have to take to learn to write audio software code?

My dedicated guess is...several courses. Depending on what you know, courses in different languages (Python, Cx, etc.) and extensive DSP coverage. Problem is, the DSP course(s) you will need are probably not taught outside of the university level. I'm also assuming, somewhere, there would specific courses in AS, VST, AAX, etc. I know nothing like this exists in the NC Community College system (I've looked), not even close.
    Quarter Note Recording
    Kinston, NC
    www.quarternotestudio.com
    QNS on Facebook

I think you can learn that on YouTube. ;-)

(It edited out my smiley.)
    Lynn Fuston
    3D Audio

Making beautiful music SEEM easy since 1979.

Quote Originally Posted by QNote View Post
    ...the DSP course(s) you will need are probably not taught outside of the university level...
    Ironically, I was reading the bio of someone last night that's been a software engineer for over 20 years specializing in DSP for amateur radio products. He stated that what he designs and does was not learned in college. He taught himself the in's and out's of DSP over the years, and, he said he buys books almost every year and continues to learn.

I can also say that I probably learned very little in college. I taught myself electronics in high school, and have continued to immerse myself in electronics since college (my current full-time profession helps with the immersion, too). I'm thankful for the motivation to learn. That is the key, and it's somewhat rare, these days.
    Quarter Note Recording
    Kinston, NC
    www.quarternotestudio.com
    QNS on Facebook

Thanks for the info. I can't believe I'm even considering this. But the research continues.......................