Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Anybody have any questions you'd like to ask me?

I'll not withhold. Just need time to ponder.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Shillito View Post
    Thanks Ken, I was aware of the "cheek" in my question and I will admit that I never would have asked this had the offer of "ask anything" not presented itself, but if I was only allowed one question then this one would be it.

Lynn, while an insight into your thought patterns as to what items you would buy and which areas you concentrate the most resources would be a bonus, what I am really asking for is just a list. When I was setting up my last upgrade a very notable member here was kind enough to allow me to ask his impressions regarding gear that I had been considering, and his direction helped immensely in my decision making process, however I would never of considered asking him for such a list without paying for his airfare and time to come and help set me up. If this question would just expose too many proprietary facets I certainly would understand you passing on it...

Best regards, Brian.

A curiosity question: How much prep time do you and the engineering assistant(s) need, or do you get, for those big orchestral tracking sessions? Those seem like they could get very stressful. But, I also somehow think they could be easier than a typical rhythm tracking session, if I had to walk into both not knowing the studio, the musicians, or the producer in either. And likewise, how much time for the standard rhythm section (drums, keys, guitar, bass, utility)?
    Quarter Note Recording
    Kinston, NC
    www.quarternotestudio.com
    QNS on Facebook

I have not forgotten about this. I'm just a little preoccupied with the move at the moment. I'll answer as soon as my schedule permits. Right now November looks promising.

Wireline is offline 3D VIP 2004, '05, '06, '08, '09, '10

Seems fair... even the ingrates here would not demand you put restarting life and career on hold for a couple of questions and answers.

Most of us, anyway.
    Ken Morgan
    2010 3d VIP

Question: I have a band who would like to record without headphones while also filming their video. (splicing the video and recording together later) They have a lead vocal and two background vocalist who are also playing instruments. In this case would you use a small pa. so that everyone can here each others voice if so is there a position to place speakers so that the voice's are not bleeding into each others mike's? How would you deal with this Lynn? Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Easton View Post
    Question: I have a band who would like to record without headphones while also filming their video. (splicing the video and recording together later) They have a lead vocal and two background vocalist who are also playing instruments. In this case would you use a small pa. so that everyone can here each others voice if so is there a position to place speakers so that the voice's are not bleeding into each others mike's? How would you deal with this Lynn? Thank you!
    Do they want to stand in a triangle, facing each other? Or in a line like standing on stage?

The typical way to offer foldback for a single singer who doesn't want to wear headphones is to put two speakers behind the mic with one wired out-of-polarity so that their outputs cancel at the mic. I'm not sure how that would work for three vocalists. If they were in a line, I guess it could be done with a series of four loudspeakers that are wired "in-out-in-out" behind the three mics. I can draw a diagram when I get back to my computer.
    Lynn Fuston
    3D Audio

Making beautiful music SEEM easy since 1979.

Because of filming they may want to be in their stage position, actually good question I'm not sure. A diagram would be great thanks!

Brian Shillito is offline 3D VIP 2010, '11, '12, '13. '14

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Shillito View Post
    Well you better start writing pal, this needs to be in by Monday NOON!

Best regards, Brian.
    Just a list! No essay required!

ticticticticticticticticticticticticticticticticti ctictictictictictictictictictictictictictictictict ictictictictictictictictictictictictictictictictic ticticticticticticticticticticticticticticticticti ctictictictictictictictictictictictictictictictict ictictictictictictictictictictictictictictictictic ticticticticticticticticticticticticticticticticti ctictictictictictictictictictictictictictictictict ictictictictictictictictictictictictictictictictic ticticticticticticticticticticticticticticticticti ctictictictictictictictictictictictictictictictict ictictictictictictictictictictictictictictictictic ticticticticticticticticticticticticticticticticti ctictictictictictictictictictictictictictictictict ictictictictictictictictictictictictictictictictic ticticticticticticticticticticticticticticticticti ctictictictictictictictictictictictictictictictict ictictictictictictictictictictictictictictictictic ticticticticticticticticticticticticticticticticti ctictictictictictictictictictictictictictictictict ictictictictictictictictictictictictictictictictic ticticticticticticticticticticticticticticticticti ctictictictictictictictictictictictictictictictict ictictictictictictictictictictictictictictictictic ticticticticticticticticticticticticticticticticti ctictictictictictictictictictictictictictictictict ictictictictictictictictictictictictictictictictic ticticticticticticticticticticticticticticticticti ctictictictictictictictictictictictictictictictict ictictictictictictictictictictictictictictictictic ticticticticticticticticticticticticticticticticti ctictictictictictictictictictictictictictictictict ictictictictictictictictictictictictictictictictic ticticticticticticticticticticticticticticticticti ctictictictictictictictictictictictictictictictict ictictictictictictictictictictictictictictictictic ticticticticticticticticticticticticticticticticti ctictictictictictictictictictictictictictictictict ictictictictictictictictictictictictictictictictic ticticticticticticticticticticticticticticticticti ctictictictictictictictictictictictictictictictict ictictictictictictictictictictictictictictictictic ticticticticticticticticticticticticticticticticti ctictictictictictictictictictictictictictictictict ictictictictictictictictictictictictictictictictic ticticticticticticticticticticticticticticticticti ctictictictictictictic...

Best regards, Brian.
    Brian Shillito
    Blackfish Sound Studio
    West Vancouver B.C.

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000844248569

Who added the "AT"?

Wireline is offline 3D VIP 2004, '05, '06, '08, '09, '10

Brian is being obtuse again
    Ken Morgan
    2010 3d VIP

Brian Shillito is offline 3D VIP 2010, '11, '12, '13. '14

Quote Originally Posted by Wireline View Post
    Brian is being obtuse again
    Why do people always think I have an angle?
    Brian Shillito
    Blackfish Sound Studio
    West Vancouver B.C.

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000844248569

Who added the "AT"?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast