Thread: "The check's in the mail...."

Default "The check's in the mail...."

Gotta love it when you wait for six months for a payment on a mix and they tell you the check's in the mail. Then it shows up and it's only for HALF of the amount of the invoice.

Better half than none, I guess.

:-/
    Lynn Fuston
    3D Audio

Making beautiful music SEEM easy since 1979.

Barely.

But, then, you're likely kinder than I. I'd cash the check immediately, then refer the account to collection.

I'm blessed that my current crop of clients (most of them are producing annual events, with an additional three or four that are multiple events during the year) are all institutions who are EXCELLENT clients, and timely payers. I have had exactly one NSF check in the past decade... and that one called me the day I deposited it (after I deposited it) to let me know it might be a problem. Three days later, I received a fresh check, with $20.00 added to cover my $16.00 NSF charge. And they booked me for a week on Long Island in November. I'm hoping they'll be around a long time...

HB
    Harry Butler Photography, Videography and AV Production
    www.harrybutlerphotoav.com

"I'm CDO. That's like OCD, but the letters are in alphabetical order. As they should be." Seen on a T-Shirt.

I'm still waiting for the remaining $200 of a $300 invoice from 4 years ago. I did receive two $25 payments after his original $50 payment, but it's been a while. And, he is a music minister. I haven't pushed the issue, since this is the only outstanding issue I have in almost 20 years of doing this. If he can sleep at night over it, I can too.
    Quarter Note Recording
    Kinston, NC
    www.quarternotestudio.com
    QNS on Facebook

Only?

Must be nice. I've lost thousands. Probably not $10,000, but easily close to that. Over 37 years, that's not too bad.

Quote Originally Posted by QNote View Post
    I'm still waiting for the remaining $200 of a $300 invoice from 4 years ago. I did receive two $25 payments after his original $50 payment, but it's been a while. And, he is a music minister. I haven't pushed the issue, since this is the only outstanding issue I have in almost 20 years of doing this. If he can sleep at night over it, I can too.
    Lynn Fuston
    3D Audio

Making beautiful music SEEM easy since 1979.

Wireline is offline 3D VIP 2004, '05, '06, '08, '09, '10

Since I only work with friends and loooooooonnnnnnnggggg time clients now, every one understands how things are done. Payment after each tracking session, so there's no running balance. This is by their choice originally, so who am I to argue?
    Ken Morgan
    2010 3d VIP