Thread: FS : Beesneez Lulu mic (or possibly 2)

Default FS : Beesneez Lulu mic (or possibly 2)

Okay, so I have a bit of a weird scenario here, but also a great opportunity for someone to get a hold of a a great mic from Beesneez at an affordable price...or possibly two, if you are great at fixing things!

In a nutshell, I had one of my Lulu FETS crap out and die on me while I was using it in production after a screw came loose while it was plugged in. I couldn't quite find the screw, and had no idea how to fix it, so I arranged to have the mic sent back to Australia for repairs in its original box. I even sent the second mic back in the same box since that's the way they came--in a pair--, and I already have more Lulu's to use in the meantime, so I didn't think anything of sending them both back together.

So long story short...the mics never made it to Beesneez! Australian customs were a major pain in the arse and refused to deliver the microphones even though they freakin' originated from Australia !

Not only this, I was waiting for Australian customs to resolve this for so long that Ben graciously sent me a replacement pair about six months later...

So at this point in time, it's now been 1.5 years since the onset of the incident, and imagine my surprise now when I get a package from Australia with my original mics...quite a shock, given that I live in another country now, but somehow they made their way back to me!

In any case, I am a new father, and am needing to sell these for some spare cash for all sorts of things.

Technically, only one of these mics is working (correction: both are working now), but I'd imagine that someone with some skill could probably fix the other if it's just a matter of something that loosened up inside.

Asking for $500 (See below, fixed mic!) or best offer. Free shipping anywhere!
    Last edited by musical charities; 06-19-2016 at 08:36 PM. Reason: Fixed mic, updated price
    "Use what talents you possess; the woods would be very silent if no birds sang there except those that sang best." --Henry Van Dyke

Update : Fixed the second mic! I had to find a replacement screw for the one I lost--it protrudes lightly from the mic body since it is slightly longer than needed--finding an exact fit was a nightmare since this things are about a mm in length and width--but is nice and snug. It looks as if though it was a simple issue of the XLR not being able to secure properly and receive phantom power is my guess. Tested, and working fine!

updated price to $500.00 or best offer, but am keeping the history of the mic above so people are aware of its history.
    "Use what talents you possess; the woods would be very silent if no birds sang there except those that sang best." --Henry Van Dyke

Sold!