Thread: Hardwood floors, drum platforms, and Jewish people...

Hardwood floors, drum platforms, and Jewish people...

I just put in hardwood (Pergo actually) floor in my studio. Any tips, do's don'ts etc... And what about drums on hardwood?
    Rug, no rug, riser? Having fun just recording and hearing how different it sounds from the old combo of carpet and VCT tile.
    My neighbor gave me the Pergo and I want to give him a gift. I was thinking a nice bottle of cognac, but he's Jewish and I'm not sure if that's appropriate?

Thanks,

-jp
    I need more cowbell!

Originally posted by john parry:
    <STRONG>I just put in hardwood (Pergo actually) floor in my studio. Any tips, do's don'ts etc... And what about drums on hardwood?
    Rug, no rug, riser? Having fun just recording and hearing how different it sounds from the old combo of carpet and VCT tile.
    My neighbor gave me the Pergo and I want to give him a gift. I was thinking a nice bottle of cognac, but he's Jewish and I'm not sure if that's appropriate?

Thanks,

-jp</STRONG>
    No, send it here instead and my husband's step brother, the Rabbi, will determine if he can make it Kosher! If it's really good cognac, I'll be glad to help!

Actually, you could just casually ask the guy if he likes cognac. If he keeps a Kosher house, he may have restrictions, but it's usually not a scary topic of conversation. My husband's Jewish and I usually send his father excellent lox or nova salmon from Dean and Deluca in NY. Unfortunately, there's not a bagel in Nashville worth eating...
    KK Proffitt
    Chief Engineer, JamSync®
    www.jamsync.com
    www.tnfilmlocations.com
    http://jamsyncnashville.blogspot.com
    ----------------------
    GROW or die!

KK is a shiksa? lol

My wife is Jewish, it just depends on how Jewish the person is. Some are strict Kosher, some not.

Non-food or drink gifts are always safest.
    Steve Cruz
    Cruzified Music Prod.
    Florida

Originally posted by S Cruz:
    <STRONG>KK is a shiksa? lol

My wife is Jewish, it just depends on how Jewish the person is. Some are strict Kosher, some not.

Non-food or drink gifts are always safest.</STRONG>
    Worse, I'm a BLONDE.
    KK Proffitt
    Chief Engineer, JamSync®
    www.jamsync.com
    www.tnfilmlocations.com
    ----------------------
    GROW or die!

You are kidding, aren't you John?

Or are you referencing a song sung at the super bowel that was clearly offensive. No comparison to flashing a mere boob.

Here is the quote from P Diddley’s song:

“I’m the definition of, half man, half drugs/Ask the clubs, Bad Boy - that's whassup.” Also: “We still here, you rockin wit the best/Don't worry if I write rhymes, I write checks (ahh!)” and “Hand 'em a jock, hold 'em a glock (hahaha)/ Money to get (yeah), cars to flip (uhh)/ Bars to sit at and sip Cognac wit Jews that drink (c'mon).”

Regards,
    Mark
    Mark Kramer
    www.thejazzmall.com

formula to live by

Originally posted by john parry:
    <STRONG>I just put in hardwood (Pergo actually) floor in my studio. Any tips, do's don'ts etc... And what about drums on hardwood?

Thanks,

-jp</STRONG>
    I am soon going to be putting in a laminate floor myself and one thing I can tell you, make sure there is nothing sharp that can touch that floor. It will scratch the finish right down to the particle board. Kick drum spurs are almost always very sharp and can easily dig through a rug. I would at least prepare a piece of "sacrificial" plywood large enough for the kit. Better yet, build a platform.
    How come I can take my yorkie into Neiman Marcus but I can't take her into Walmart?

Being an ordained Rabbi myself, I can tell you that the cognac you have is probably not Kosher.

If you see an OU (O with a U inside), or a different funny symbol with hebrew letters on it, then it's cool.

Originally posted by kk@jamsync.com:
    <STRONG>

Worse, I'm a BLONDE.</STRONG>
    Yeah, but I've read one or two of your equipment reviews. You are definitely NOT a card-carrying blonde. Based on popular criteria, I'm ten times the blonde you are.

A blonde, a brunette and a redhead are asked what one item they would want to have if they were stranded in the desert. The blonde said, "A car door, so if it gets too hot, I can roll down the window."

This has been my way of thinking in all things audio, which is why I come here mostly to listen.
    Steve Cruz
    Cruzified Music Prod.
    Florida

Originally posted by S Cruz:
    <STRONG>

Yeah, but I've read one or two of your equipment reviews. You are definitely NOT a card-carrying blonde. Based on popular criteria, I'm ten times the blonde you are.

A blonde, a brunette and a redhead are asked what one item they would want to have if they were stranded in the desert. The blonde said, "A car door, so if it gets too hot, I can roll down the window."

This has been my way of thinking in all things audio, which is why I come here mostly to listen.</STRONG>
    Ha! Great blonde joke...and thanks for the kind words!

I'm still reeling from the thought of what Mogen David kosher cognac, er, brandy might taste like :-Q
    KK Proffitt
    Chief Engineer, JamSync®
    www.jamsync.com
    www.tnfilmlocations.com
    ----------------------
    GROW or die!