Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: AT4047

AT4047

Finally got one of these guys, and man, what an impressive microphone at this price point. I've used it on electric guitar and nylon string....both ends of the spectrum, and it sounds great. Will report in when I do some vocals, but so far, it's really a cool sounding microphone, although I admit to liking things with transformers in them

TH

I sure loved the A-T 4047SV from the very first moment I heard it. Good choice and great microphone at any price. I wouldn't mind getting a second one either. You ought to try your A-T 4047SV through a Great River mic preamp for a real treat.
    PinkStrat

Carl Fuehrer Guest
    I own a pair and absolutly love them! I use them allot as overheads, guitar cabs and vocals and have been VERY happy with them.

I thought the 4047 DID have transformers.

Originally posted by Colin Gaucher:
    <STRONG>I thought the 4047 DID have transformers.</STRONG>
    It does, I meant that's probably why I like it's sound

For those who have used the 4047 and the 4040, which one is your preference, and why?

Thanks,
    -kevk

Carl Fuehrer Guest
    4047 mimics a Neumann FET U47. It is colored and has a transformer. The 4040 would sound cleaner.

I have the 4033, would it be worth getting the 4047, or are they pretty similar?

Carl Fuehrer Guest
    Due to the electronics I would say they are very different sounding from each other. I believe Lynn owns 4047s or at least has used them.

How would you characterize the differences between an FET 47 (like the 4047) and a Soundelux E47? Different animals? The reason I ask is because Full Compass has a pretty good price on the 4047 right now. I have the E47. Would the 4047 be redundant?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast