Page 1 of 18 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: IMO Logic sounds better than PT

IMO Logic sounds better than PT

Do you agree?

This thred is (of course) only for people having used both DAWs

in this thread there is only one factor:
    Your hearing experience, no math, no documents, no debates.

[ May 19, 2003: Message edited by: someday ]

Kevin Perry is offline Gold Club Member (1000+ posts)
    Used both in the real world and of course heard them on the DAWSUM CD. IMHO one is no better than the other as far as the mix bus goes.
    Kevin Perry
    Chameleon Music
    Nashville, TN

Instead i hear a big difference. when mixing in the real world, PT destroys the overall mix sound by adding channels and moving fadersa and pan.

In Logic i can add as many tracks as i want and the sound is still perfect.

(i dont' work for them, but i'm bored to see PT destroying the music industry sound progress of the last 50 years.

We are going back to 1920 with PT.

Kevin Perry is offline Gold Club Member (1000+ posts)
    I would challenge you to get the DAWSUM CD and see if you can blindly pick the Logic mix over the PT mix or any of the 30 others. You said no math....but sorry, the PT and Logic mixes were bit for bit identical. Complete null. If you claim there is a difference that would be audible...it would be of great interest to our discussions on this board.

Now of course only your ears matter to you, but out of all the comments about the comparisons...not a single ear has claimed that PT "destroys the sound" via the mix bus or by moving a fader. In fact, I believe a unanimous lesson learned has been that there is no audible difference between the unity mix and "fader moved" mix.

Mixed in-the-box...the claim that moving a fader destroys the sound just is not true. However, mixing stems out to a console is a different story for the fact of dealing with Digi's poor converters. I don't see it destroying music any more than I see autotune destroying the progress of vocal performances. It is just a tool that many people abuse.
    Kevin Perry
    Chameleon Music
    Nashville, TN

Originally posted by someday:
    <STRONG>
    in this thread there is only one factor:
    Your hearing experience, no math, no documents, no debates.

[ May 19, 2003: Message edited by: someday ]</STRONG>
    For starters, you should probably check out the CD that is the umbrella for this thread and then report your hearing experience. It's a tool for moving past overly-generalized questions such as yours.

-R

Why should i buy your CD to confirm what i already know for 8 years????????????????

Why should you post here and ask a "question" you have already answered for yourself, and without bothering to participate in the CD that many of us are finding very educational?

I'm not trying to be rude, just inviting you to join in this issue rather than poke at it from the outside

Regards,
    Brian T

Originally posted by Brian T:
    <STRONG>Why should you post here and ask a "question" you have already answered for yourself, and without bothering to participate in the CD that many of us are finding very educational?

I'm not trying to be rude, just inviting you to join in this issue rather than poke at it from the outside
    </STRONG>
    With a capital P and that rhymes with T and it ends with _roll.

If you already know the answer for 8 years, whose opinion are you asking? And why?
    Lynn Fuston
    3D Audio

Making beautiful music SEEM easy since 1979.

It's very intresting to see that when you have no answer, the only thing that your brain is able to generate is the word "troll"
    Science vs. arrogance

You threw out the "science" part of the discussion for your part when you said: "in this thread there is only one factor:
    Your hearing experience, no math, no documents, no debates." Nothing wrong with listening experience, but there's no science to that. Pure subjectivity.

But anyway, let's examine "science" versus "arrogance" on the basis of what's been said.

1. You came on the board as a newbie and said" IMO Logic sounds better than PT. Do you agree?"

2. After a response from someone who has both and has listened to both, you came back with another post full of your own subjective opinion. No science whatsoever.

3. You were then challenged to use a very scientific tool which was assembled by the very person you called "arrogant." The DAWSUM CD is an eye-opener. I own it, and it has challenged a number of my long-held opinions about a lot of this.

4. You then responded with this gem: "Why should i buy your CD to confirm what i already know for 8 years???????????????? "
    Apparently, your unsupported, undocumented, subjective opinion equals pure, unblemished science. If that is true, then a logical mind would follow that to the conclusion that you must be God. I would have never guessed that God would use Logic. I always expected that He'd be a 2-inch analog kind of guy, but with always-perfect machine alignment, no shedding over the years, an infinite supply of tape, and much improved noise reduction.

But actually, it really seems that you are afraid that the DAWSUM CD will challenge your smug self-beliefs too much, and any "science" other than your own opinion is faulty or arrogant.

Lynn has his opinions about this issue, far from having "no answer." Unlike yours, his are based on some very critical comparative listening, scientific analysis, and evaluation. He's the last person I'd accuse of not having a well-thought-out answer.

I own Logic, Digital Performer, and PT. Truth be told, one sounds pretty much like the others to me. None of them have ever kept me from producing a decent product from a sonic standpoint.

You are obviously entitled to your own opinion, and no one is challenging that. If Logic makes you happy and helps you make good music, great. But when you invite others into the discussion, as you have, in a public venue such as this, you'd best come a little better prepared to articulate and defend the nuances of your argument. Otherwise, don't come at all.

Yer gonna have to do a lot better than yer doing, kid, if anyone's going to believe you.

[ May 23, 2003: Message edited by: Zeke Smith ]
    Zeke Smith

Page 1 of 18 1234511 ... LastLast