Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Pictures from Paradise

Wow looks great. Look forward to getting mine.
    Chris Gardner
    Recording Engineer
    Arequipa, Peru

Lynn, wow, this looks like a wealth of information. I'd even buy a 2-DVD set, if you can't get it down to a single DVD. I'm especially interested in Dave Hill's comments, I think he's always had the right idea about the balance of musicality and technology. Your teaser with George was cut off just before he was about to walk out on a limb and say.... But then, if you had left that in, it wouldn't be a teaser.... heh heh.

I look forward to this thing. So much knowledge and experience to listen to. Very exciting.

Originally posted by Jansen:
    <STRONG>Lynn, wow, this looks like a wealth of information. I'd even buy a 2-DVD set, if you can't get it down to a single DVD.</STRONG>
    It started off as a DVD-4 but moved beyond that within the first week. Then a DVD-9. Now it's looking like a DVD-9 for the video and a data CD for the nearly 300 soundfiles at 24/96 resolution. And that's with only the preamp designer's panel. There's no way to fit both on the same project. Now I'm considering recording more audio, two different styles of music, and making a second project with the engineer's panel and another 300 sound files.

But it's growing and evolving each and every day, so I'm not sure how it will end up. But I think the economic viability (read affordability) of two projects would make it more accessible to most people. We'll see.

Needless to say, it's all very exciting. And the folks in the industry are as excited about it as the people who are waiting to see it. I have lined up ten sponsors so far.
    Lynn Fuston
    3D Audio

Making beautiful music SEEM easy since 1979.

Sal Vito is offline Gold Club Member (1000+ posts)
    Lynn,

What format are the teaser video clips in? I don't seem to have the proper viewing software....

BTW: I am running a PC

Which program do I need to download?

Thanks!
    Sal Vito
    The Man of Sound
    salvito@hotmail.com
    312-409-0176

Originally posted by Sal Vito:
    <STRONG>Lynn,

What format are the teaser video clips in? I don't seem to have the proper viewing software....

BTW: I am running a PC

Which program do I need to download?

Thanks!</STRONG>
    It's in QuickTime. You can get it

here.
    Lynn Fuston
    3D Audio

This is great stuff, Lynn! Can't wait!
    Eliott James (3D VIP Member)
    http://www.eliottjames.com
    Wateree Studio, Atlanta

Icon5 How about an update?

So, it's been about three years since the last post to this thread... How about an update on the "Designer's Summit" DVD? If hopes for a DVD are dead, how about a transcript of the event?

--- Phil ---

Well, if it wasn't for those darned apples in paradise, and the wife who insisted, things would have turned out a lot differently for all of us.

Honestly, it's still in progress. Edit the audio, conform the video, author the DVD. That's all that's left. Seems simple enough compared to the event and the shoot. Mostly it's just been lack of time, energy and motivation on my part. The div_rce sucked a lot of energy, both emotional and physical, during the past two years. Now there's another legal round starting. Ever heard of Div_rce, Part II?

Right now, I don't even have a deadline in mind or a timeline for completion. I would like to say within the year, but can't even promise that because of upcoming moves. I would just beg patience (do you have any choice?) and tolerance. It will get done. It's far too significant a resource to not be completed. I just can't promise you when.
    Lynn Fuston
    3D Audio

Icon14

Quote Originally Posted by 3daudioinc View Post
    I would just beg patience (do you have any choice?) and tolerance. It will get done. It's far too significant a resource to not be completed. I just can't promise you when.
    Thanks Lynn. I wasn't trying to add fuel to the fire. I was just curious as to your progress. I think it's an incredible venture and one worth the wait. Keep up the good work!

--- Phil ---
    Last edited by Cavedweller; 03-28-2007 at 03:21 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12