Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: It's here.

Default It's here.

Got my CD yesterday. Haven't spun it yet, but it's here.

Can't wait.

Thanks,
    Doug Joyce
    Animix Productions

Kevin Perry is offline Gold Club Member (1000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by animix
    Got my CD yesterday. Haven't spun it yet, but it's here.

Can't wait.

Thanks,

RIP Doug Joyce's wallet
    Kevin Perry
    Chameleon Music
    Nashville, TN

After listening on several different setups, I'm partial to the 77DX and Beyer M160. The Nady was pretty ok considering price point and very usable.

77DX sounded full and rich on everything to me. Wish I had one. It's the sound I'm used to after all these years I guess.

The M160 was not as full but clear and detailed on instruments, especially drums. I didn't care for it on vocals.

Having said that, I'd like to have them all.
    Wayne Butler
    Studios at Pike Road

Quote Originally Posted by Wayne
    Having said that, I'd like to have them all.
    That's my New Year's resolution. Avoid the rush, start making resolutions today. Get a jump on all those other folks. Maybe you can complete your resolution before they even start theirs.

I'm afraid 77DX prices are going to go up after a bunch of people hear this CD. That's why I'm shopping now.

And, in the midst of the move, I put my hands on my 74B which had been misplaced. It's really beautiful and in great condition. A new ribbon and it's good to go.
    Lynn Fuston
    3D Audio

Making beautiful music SEEM easy since 1979.

Quote Originally Posted by 3daudioinc
    I'm afraid 77DX prices are going to go up after a bunch of people hear this CD. That's why I'm shopping now.

And, in the midst of the move, I put my hands on my 74B which had been misplaced. It's really beautiful and in great condition. A new ribbon and it's good to go.
    That's disgusting.

Everytime I listen to the CD I change my mind about the mic I like best. It's like "that's clear", "that one will cut through a mix", "that one's full sounding". Anyone else have this problem or is it my hearing going bad?

Some of the drum cuts sound like there's some "phasing" going on. Anyone else hear it besides me? I thought it might be the figure 8 thingy working with the room.
    Last edited by Wayne; 10-01-2005 at 06:27 AM.
    Wayne Butler
    Studios at Pike Road

Quote Originally Posted by Wayne
    That's disgusting.

Everytime I listen to the CD I change my mine about the mic I like best. It's like "that's clear", "that one will cut through a mix", "that one's full sounding". Anyone else have this problem or is it my hearing going bad?

Some of the drum cuts sound like there's some "phasing" going on. Anyone else hear it besides me? I thought it might be the figure 8 thingy working with the room.
    You are not alone. I'm sitting here thinking not about which one I want, but which *ones* I want and can afford and I'm wishing that the offerings by Shiny Box had been included in this. I've got a friend in Denver who has a lot of experience with the more expensive ribbons and is head over heels in love with the Shiny Box ribbons.

Gee Lynn..........here I am being a butt rash about one of the best mic shootouts I've ever heard. Someone kick me.
    Doug Joyce
    Animix Productions

You are not alone. I'm sitting here thinking not about which one I want, but which *ones* I want and can afford and I'm wishing that the offerings by Shiny Box had been included in this. I've got a friend in Denver who has a lot of experience with the more expensive ribbons and is head over heels in love with the Shiny Box ribbons.

Gee Lynn..........here I am being a butt rash about one of the best mic shootouts I've ever heard. Someone kick me.
    I've got a list longer than the ones that were there that I wish were on there. RCA 74, AEA 44, R88, SF24, Shiny Box, Western Electric 639B, and more. I could have made a historical mic retrospective as well. So many options.

But I feel your frustration. There's always more to do.

I'm getting prepared for it, with my thick skin. I'm a month away from the official release of the biggest, most extensive, most expensive preamp comparison in the history of the world. The first thing most people will say is "Why isn't the Portico on there? Too bad you didn't have the SCA. What? No 1272?" So I'm ready. Plus, if I did all of them now, what would I do two years from now?
    Lynn Fuston
    3D Audio

here I am being a butt rash
    Oh, don't go there. I've been moving furniture and boxes all week and two days ago I got a major heat rash. Ow. There's nothing like squatting and lifting and hauling when....I better stop now.
    Lynn Fuston
    3D Audio

Quote Originally Posted by 3daudioinc
    Oh, don't go there. I've been moving furniture and boxes all week and two days ago I got a major heat rash. Ow. There's nothing like squatting and lifting and hauling when....I better stop now.
    I want to say something trite like "I feel your pain" .........but anyway, I'm glad the move provided you with another mic for your trouble.
    Doug Joyce
    Animix Productions

I want to say something trite like "I feel your pain" .........but anyway, I'm glad the move provided you with another mic for your trouble.
    And it's a beauty.
    Lynn Fuston
    3D Audio

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast