Thread: Nuendo VS LOGIC

Default Nuendo VS LOGIC

Hello,

I’m writing a diploma about Nuendo vs Logic Pro.

I would need all the info you can give me about both programs.
    Your favorite functions. (audio,midi, post pro….)
    I would also appreciate info about technical functions. (bus mixing…..)
    History: Emagic and Steinberg.
    The impact they had/have in the music industry.

Please knock your self’s out on this post.

Thanks in advance!
    Greets
    Dexta

Say, I've got a house that needs painting. When can you stop by?

Lee Blaske

A diploma?

TN,

thats not nice.

now go knock your selv out.

My 10 cents...

You REALLY ought to use these programs for a while before considering writing a Thesus comparing them. Professionals and Hobbyists the world over after using these programs for, what...the 10 years or so that they've been in existence, will still debate fiercely the pros and cons of various systems.

These two particular programs, although they have a large number of overlapping features, are aimed at different users and uses.

Nuendo: $2000, professional DAW software aimed at Film/Video and Audio Post-production.

Logic(pro):$1000, is more aimed at Composition, with Midi/Virtual Instruments. Though recently trying harder at being a useable DAW.

I use logic currently for several reasons.
    1)More affordable.
    2)Complete package(pro7) which alows me to put soundtracks and short pieces of music together V. quickly using loops/virtual instruments.
    For bread and butter/advertising/pop work its really great...although I have the feeling that it has a particular sound of it's own that I'm not too kean on..
    (like the way Reason songs always sound like reason).
    3)Pro studios in germany (where I am) almost all have Logic installed.
    4)Workers in Video here use Apple applications alot...which increases compaability even further.
    5)Very flexible program system with elements in common with using Max/Msp. (i.e The environment)

However.

1)Using Logic for tracking live takes of multiple instrumentalists is simply HORRIFYINGLY AWFUL!

2)Look at the Logic Forum at Apple and you will find many people who believe that it is simply the most counter intuitive program to learn and use.With a very steep learning curve. (I circumvented this by Reading and using Video tuition...which in the past was less essential for learning Cubase, Nuendo et al.)

I have yet to hear the "DAWsome" CD. I will eventually. But I have used Nuendo quite a bit, and my feeling is that the summing mixer and built in effects give the impression of a more "Analogue" warmth than Logic, with a possible loss of clarity. I think the basic effects in Nuendo (e.g. basic Reverb/EQ/Dynamics) work/sound better than their equivs in Logic.

Nuendo as I said is much easier/more intuitive to learn/use.

I now can't type anymore...good luck.

(Now you can cut and paste sections of my text directly into your WP and save heaps of time eh? )
    Brutze

PS
    Anyone want to sell me a copy of Nuendo fo OSX?

Quote Originally Posted by brutze View Post
    My 10 cents...
    I have yet to hear the "DAWsome" CD. I will eventually. But I have used Nuendo quite a bit, and my feeling is that the summing mixer and built in effects give the impression of a more "Analogue" warmth than Logic, with a possible loss of clarity. I think the basic effects in Nuendo (e.g. basic Reverb/EQ/Dynamics) work/sound better than their equivs in Logic.
    Reeeaaally? That's interesting. Not to get into the debate of the merits of 32bit float vs. 24bit values nor dither or hardware native resolution, but I'm curious....were you using Nuendo set to operate at 32bit float settings in the project itself as opposed to 24bit project and solely 32bit wordlength internally? Just curious.

I honestly like Logic's bundled plug-ins much more than Steinberg's lot, personally...especially the instruments. I find that I don't really even use the ones [no longer] bundled with Nuendo, as far as processors go, opting instead for something third party. I do use a bit of Logic's though, though I'm no fan of the dynamics and EQ processors in either. I absolutely loathe the sound of the instruments that come with Cubase\Nuendo. People have different taste though.

debate it if ya feel strongly... but the thread is over a year old so i doubt he's anymore interested than he was before...

It's usually hard to tell by reading just text, but I wasn't trying to debate, I was actually genuinely curious. I didn't however notice that this was an old thread so thanks for pointing that out. No problems.