Thread: Apogee Rosetta 800 is a big winner

Default Apogee Rosetta 800 is a big winner

After thinking about getting the Lynx and the Mytek, I ended up with the Rosetta 800. In doing a comparisons, the Mytek has more sparkle in the high end and the Apogee has more of a natural high end. Needless to say I am very very happy with the sound I am getting with the Apogee. I have the Rosetta 800 as the master clock in working with my RME card into Cubase. I know it has a dual stage clock that is an improvement over the AD8000. Yes there are always better, but this unit really meets the expectations and more than what I was looking for. I love it

I have a Rosetta 800 and like it as well. I read somewhere that Apogee recommends keeping a rack space open above the AD16Xs. Do you know if this applies to the 800?

Quote Originally Posted by Revelation View Post
    After thinking about getting the Lynx and the Mytek, I ended up with the Rosetta 800. In doing a comparisons, the Mytek has more sparkle in the high end and the Apogee has more of a natural high end. Needless to say I am very very happy with the sound I am getting with the Apogee. I have the Rosetta 800 as the master clock in working with my RME card into Cubase. I know it has a dual stage clock that is an improvement over the AD8000. Yes there are always better, but this unit really meets the expectations and more than what I was looking for. I love it
    Yes, it's a fine unit, I've had mine for a year and a half now.

I only wish apogee would make a unit like this with a built in mixer and control room section, then it'd be a perfect all in one solution.

Ed