Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: WOW!!! only $13k instead of $18k!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Bill@WelcomeHomeStudios View Post
    I was much more impressed with the promise than with the mic itself.

Out of the Neumann offerings, the 27 sounded best to me. I don't know why, as they said that it is the 103 with multiple patterns, but that day in that room, it did not sound like the 103 to me.

Bill
    I agree with you Bill, on the promise of the technology. I thought it was a very cool idea, just not a great sounding mic (not a bad sounding mic, just not great).

For me the only Neumann that sounded really good on most of the singers was the U87 (no real surprise there). I definitely liked the 27 over the 103, but it has slipped my mind why I liked it more than the 103.

Cheers,
    Bryan
    Masterplan Mastering
    Analog & Digital Mastering
    Waterloo,IL

Still $13.3K. Anyone ever heard one? Or even seen one?

http://jacksmusicstore.com/catalog/p...-h~d-01_set_st
    Lynn Fuston
    3D Audio

Making beautiful music SEEM easy since 1979.

Scott Fraser is offline Gold Club Member (1000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by 3daudioinc View Post
    Still $13.3K. Anyone ever heard one? Or even seen one?

http://jacksmusicstore.com/catalog/p...-h~d-01_set_st
    Seen them, at NAMM or AES. They've been around for a decade or so. Capsule-wise, the small diaphragm model is essentially a KM184, & the large diaphragm is essentially a TLM103. I don't know of any projects which used them. The idea of a digital mic is intriguing but this seems to have been a bit of a non-starter.

SF

I think it's discontinued.
    Quarter Note Recording
    Kinston, NC
    www.quarternotestudio.com
    QNS on Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Fraser View Post
    Seen them, at NAMM or AES. They've been around for a decade or so. Capsule-wise, the small diaphragm model is essentially a KM184, & the large diaphragm is essentially a TLM103. I don't know of any projects which used them. The idea of a digital mic is intriguing but this seems to have been a bit of a non-starter.

SF
    The TLM 103 was issued in 1997. Its capsule is the K 103. The D-01 was issued in 2001. Its capsule is the K 07. Where did you get the information that the D-01 is a digital TLM 103 ?
    There is a digital TLM 103: the TLM 103 D.

The new TLM 107 might be closer. The attached pic comes from a beta tester of the TLM 107 (nkf on Gearslutz): it schows a black TLM 107 besides a D-01. The D-01 alone (without schockmount and AES42 interface) is priced like a M 149.

There is a pair of D-01 (and a pair of DPA) in this video of the recording of an album of the Quatuor bne:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wi09JNmr93E

All the analog SDC in the Neumann product range have now their digital modular version (KM 184 D, KM 183 D, KM 143 D etc. Plus the new KM 133 D using the titanium capsule of the M 150 and the discontinued TLM 50.

AFAIK the D-01 is not discontinued (still in the current microphones on Neumann internet site).
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	D_01_TLM107_small.jpg 
Views:	66 
Size:	107.0 KB 
ID:	3733  
    Last edited by Didier; 01-21-2014 at 01:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Didier View Post
    AFAIK the D-01 is not discontinued (still in the current microphones on Neumann internet site).
    This is weird. I specifically remember making my earlier post a couple months ago, and the website clearly showed it was discontinued (at that time). Now it doesn't. Hmmm.
    Quarter Note Recording
    Kinston, NC
    www.quarternotestudio.com
    QNS on Facebook

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123