Thread: Don't Laugh at My ADDA's!

Default Don't Laugh at My ADDA's!

Hey guys,

I'm currently producing a series of piano CD's using samples like the White Grand and TBO by Sampletekk, however I'm still using my old WaMi 192X.

Now I KNOW some people really slam the WaMi, but when I bought it 2 plus years ago, it had some decent reviews. Plus... it was my first converters for my studio (not going to mention my Layla I had 8 years or so ago.)

Anyway... I was planning on getting the LynxTWO A, but might save up for the Mytek. I only need 2 tracks right now since everything I do is sampled based and VST. I also plan on getting the ADL600 by Presonus and was looking into getting a pair of the RODE NT2A for vocals, acoustic guitar, latin percussion etc.

BTW... I have the Blue Sky monitors (small ones) and was looking at upgrading to the big ones later as well.

So I guess my question is... if I'm cutting JUST solo piano tracks using high-end samples, and then layering them with Atmosphere by Spectrasonic, or doing some strings with some good samples, how bad will the WaMi sound compared to the LynxTWO or a 2 channel Mytek?

I want the best my $$$ can buy (of course), but by upgrading my converters, will my sound improve a great deal?

Also... if my WaMi can cut it for now, will an external clock like the Luci make a difference with them?

Thanks for your help,

SEA

if you just use sampled instruments, your DA and Monitors are going to be the bottleneck. While I'd recommend you to buy one from these (mytek stereo, benchmark dac1, lavry black, apoge minidac), it is much more personal with monitoring.
    Matous Godik
    www.zka4t.com

Quote Originally Posted by matucha View Post
    if you just use sampled instruments, your DA and Monitors are going to be the bottleneck. While I'd recommend you to buy one from these (mytek stereo, benchmark dac1, lavry black, apoge minidac), it is much more personal with monitoring.
    Thanks matucha!

Would you say in that order? (mytek stereo, benchmark dac1, lavry black, apoge minidac). I see the dac1 at Sweetwater for only $975.

Thanks again for your help!

SEA

After doing some studies I think I'll go with the Lavry!

SEA

Matous Godik
    www.zka4t.com